Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Frontier (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/frontier/)
-   -   EGR Valve on a '01 Nissan Frontier 4 cyl. 2wd (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/frontier/5288-egr-valve-01-nissan-frontier-4-cyl-2wd.html)

mastertech 12-16-2007 01:25 PM

EGR Valve on a '01 Nissan Frontier 4 cyl. 2wd

Hi,

I want to remove the EGR valve and clean it. I know it is located below and to the right of the air filter case. How can I remove the EGR valve and how do I clean it? Thanks in advance!

NissanTech 12-16-2007 08:19 PM

To remove the just disconnect the egr tube first and then remove the 2 two 12mm bolts that hold the valve in place. Before disconnecting the vacuum hoses, remember to mark the location with whiteout or marker. To clean the valve just spray carburetor or throttle body cleaner inside the valve. Also clean the tube and spray the cleaner inside the orifice where the valve connects.

mastertech 12-17-2007 02:51 AM

The EGR valve is located in a tight and hard to reach place, but I need more space to get it out. Do you know what other parts that I need to remove, so that I can get access to the valve more easily? It seems like the air filter case is the main obstacle.

lewg 04-06-2008 08:42 PM

I would like too remove the EGR valve completely and all the other emissions parts. With 310k on my truck I doubt it's working anyhow. Is there a EGR remove kit so this can be done?

mrriceguyrj 10-23-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastertech (Post 17252)
The EGR valve is located in a tight and hard to reach place, but I need more space to get it out. Do you know what other parts that I need to remove, so that I can get access to the valve more easily? It seems like the air filter case is the main obstacle.

What did you do the make more space for yourself?

tech22 10-24-2008 03:38 AM

Take your wrench and cut it in half. It's not an easy job but you can do it.Make sure you have a new gasket on hand.To Lewg...With 310k you might want to clean the manifold ports.Look stright down between the intake runners and you will see 4 counter sunk hex plugs. Remove them and with a long screwdriver insert stright down and tap the ports open.Carbon will have more than likely comepletely covered them.If they are clogged you will see hi exhaust gas temps and the system will not function properly.Good luck on your repair.

nissman 01-19-2010 07:51 AM

Hello: I have this 2000 Nissan Frontier 3.3L crew cab. I am getting the "Engine Service" light and the ODBII says P1401 - EGR Temperature Sensor. Where is the EGR Temperature Sensor found? I tried but could not locate.

igorce 01-26-2010 04:51 AM

I have nissan almera 2,2 dci 2000 year.
If I clean EGR valve, will the computer in car be reseted?
In case I shut down EGR valve, will the horse power be higher than usual?
How to shut down EGR valve?

dawghelms 08-31-2014 01:36 PM

EGR Removal 2002 Nissan Frontier 4 cylinder

Can anyone elaborate on the removal procedure on the EGR for my vehicle. I know Master Tech said to cut the 12 mm wrench in half. The problem is the 12 mm mounting bolt against the firewall and hidden behind the EGR valve. Any help appreciated.