Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Xterra (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/xterra/)
-   -   2005 VDC OFF & SLIP Indicator Lights ON (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/xterra/380-2005-vdc-off-slip-indicator-lights.html)

xterracanoer 02-13-2006 11:04 PM

2005 VDC OFF & SLIP Indicator Lights ON

:o I purchased my Xterra in 12/2005. Since then the VDC OFF & SLIP Indicator lights have came on at startup and stayed ON until reset by procedure in manual. I took it back to the dealer after the 2nd time, they reset the module/sensor. Not even a week later and it happened again, this time the reset procedure didn't work until the next day. Am taking it back to dealer. But a) why does this keep happening? and b) what 'normally' triggers the VDC & SLIP to come on?

Thanks

NissanTech 02-15-2006 02:23 PM

Most likely there is a problem in the system. The dealer should have fix it the fist time, instead they just reset it. Have the dealer check again, but make sure you get the reading from the scanner, the control unit should have a code store in it.

xterracanoer 02-15-2006 03:27 PM

Thanks Nissan Tech

Yes, I agree, they should have replaced the 'steering angle sensor' the first time I took it it. I have an appt. next week, and they will replace the sensor. I will try to get the code prior to them replacing it.

Thanks

jb_adams 02-16-2006 09:38 AM

Welcome to the forum xterracanoer!! :)

xterracanoer 02-23-2006 03:04 PM

:P I just picked up my 2005 SE from the dealer. They replaced the "Steering Angle Sensor Assy", they said they had extra "phone" tech support on this. They assured me that this "FIX" was the fixes of all fixes, we'll see. Other than this minor "gliche", I love my X. :mrgreen:

jb_adams 02-24-2006 09:33 PM

Glad they fixed your ride and got it working again. Thanks for the update!

MJCXTERRA 01-26-2008 05:46 PM

What was the cost to replace the steering angle sensor assy.

MJCXTERRA 01-26-2008 05:49 PM

I had the same issue but the VDC and SLIP light went off but my Service engine soon is still on. Any suggestions

mpe235 01-27-2008 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJCXTERRA (Post 19219)
I had the same issue but the VDC and SLIP light went off but my Service engine soon is still on. Any suggestions

If your battery was disconnected or went dead for any reason you have to reset the steering angle sensor.

tandacable 07-27-2009 05:50 PM

how do i reset the steering angle sensor?

xterratrash 08-17-2009 11:50 AM

The VDC and SLIP lights came on and stayed on in my 08 Xterra this past February, I took it right to the dealership and they reset the steering angle using the computer plug in under the dash board, took about 10 seconds, under warranty so no charge.

Just one of a bucket full of problems I have had in my first 10000 miles of ownership, not looking forward to the future with this hunk of junk...

np250 08-30-2009 05:55 PM

My 08 Xterra, with 20k miles, has had the steering angle sensor replaced twice, under warranty, by my dealer trying to address this recurring 'vdc off' and 'slip' indicator issue. The last time was Monday last week and the lights came back on Thursday. It is booked back in on Monday. At least I'm getting quick service! I reset the lights using the procedure in the manual, but obviously I want it fixed correctly. Surely Nissan must have some solution to what appears to be a fairly common problem spanning multiple platforms. So far, I'm not too impressed with their results.

jkcpnissan 10-17-2009 05:43 PM

i have the same problem with my 05 pathfinder. I installed new battery and the vdc and slip light comes on every start and stays on. The manual states there is a reset option but unable to find this, anyone have info on this? Also to the service engine soon post, I experienced this also, my problem was the fuel cap not on tight enough, weird but after tightening the cap the light went off.

np250 10-17-2009 06:06 PM

The reset procedure in my manual says to start the vehicle with the wheels straight, then drive in a straight line, not exceeding 10mph. It works and resets the lights within 100ft.
That said my Xterra has now had the steering angle sensor replaced for a third time. The vdc/slip lights came back on about a week later. Dealer says they are unsure what to do next???
I Know what I will do next.
Buy a Toyota.:mad:

jkcpnissan 10-17-2009 06:24 PM

thanks, I keep finding threads to this angle sensor on here, not good.