Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Sentra (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/sentra/)
-   -   Keyless Start - Replacement Fob - HELP (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/sentra/29605-keyless-start-replacement-fob-help.html)

jackiejuno 04-14-2017 02:45 PM

Keyless Start - Replacement Fob - HELP

Hi All -

New user here.

Have a 2007 Sentra for my daughter and it only came with one working fob, so trying to find another and would like to avoid full retail prices. Trying to buy one off the internet, but they can't tell me if the car it came off of is a twist (keyless start) or not. From what I gather, this feature (twist start or key start) is important in how one approaches programming a new key fob.

The car we bought our daughter is twist start (no key needed).

The VIN of the car we are trying to buy the key fob from is: 3N1AB61E17L639256

Does anyone have any information on how I can figure out what replacement fobs are for cars with twist entries and which are not?

Thanks!

mpe235 04-14-2017 04:29 PM

The nissan part # for the key fob is 285E3-EM31D.
I have a brand new one still sealed in the package.
I will sell for $48.00 with priority mail shipping.

jackiejuno 04-18-2017 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpe235 (Post 101895)
The nissan part # for the key fob is 285E3-EM31D.
I have a brand new one still sealed in the package.
I will sell for $48.00 with priority mail shipping.

Thank you! I sent you a PM. I am interested if your FOB will work with her car. Please reply!

mpe235 04-18-2017 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackiejuno (Post 101903)
Thank you! I sent you a PM. I am interested if your FOB will work with her car. Please reply!

I'm sorry, I pulled the wrong part #. The correct part # is 285E3-EW81D. That one has the trunk button on it. I think I may have one of those also. I will check when I get home tonight.

jackiejuno 04-20-2017 04:52 AM

Hi: Did you check on the fob? Thanks!

mpe235 04-21-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackiejuno (Post 101916)
Hi: Did you check on the fob? Thanks!

I haven't been able to find it yet. I definitely have one , just have to remember where I put it.
Just an fyi , they have to be programmed by a dealer or locksmith.

abnertye 04-29-2018 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpe235 (Post 101924)
I haven't been able to find it yet. I definitely have one , just have to remember where I put it.
Just an fyi , they have to be programmed by a dealer or locksmith.

As per my suggestion , locksmith is cheaper than dealership so prefer locksmith first than dealer.

Oliviapatric 12-24-2018 02:42 AM

Metro locksmith has been providing state of the artlock and key services. Their crew of experts specialize inremote control programming, car key cutting, master key system and rekeying in Washington, DC. They use the most advanced techniques and tools to fix all kinds of issues pertaining to modern commercial, residential and automotive lock systems.You can count on them to get your all locksmith needs done effectively and efficiently.St Charles Locksmiths | Emergency Locksmith Services

BridgerRufus 07-12-2019 03:52 AM

Before you hire any automotive locksmith, make sure the problem must be handled by them if not then you have to call dealer to fix the problem. So call them first and ask them about the issue.