Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Altima (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/altima/)
-   -   *** 02 altima no spark, new cam & crank sensors * (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/altima/24303-02-altima-no-spark-new-cam-crank-sensors.html)

toxicg35 01-22-2013 07:44 AM

*** 02 altima no spark, new cam & crank sensors *

A few days ago i bought an 02 altima 2.5L that accordingto the owner the car will take a few cranks in order to start and sometimes it will not start at all so i ran the scanner and showed camshaft sensor so i replaced cam and crank sensors but still it will not fired, doesnt have a constant spark,
l checked the coils and their good, put on new spark plugs and still no spark.. does any one know what could it be??

bennyb53 01-22-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicg35 (Post 86488)
replaced cam and crank sensors but still it will not fired, doesnt have a constant spark,
l checked the coils and their good, put on new spark plugs and still no spark.. does any one know what could it be??

1. did you install Nissan cam/crank sensors. for these sensors only use Nissan.

2. you mean, you did a spark test on each coil and non fires or intermittent at best. it means bad coils. before replacing all coils, test each power circuit to be sure 12v is delievered to the power transistor. if voltage is Ok, then get one or buy one new ignition coil and test each circuit with that new coil. if new coil fires it confirms bad ignition coils. hope this helps.

toxicg35 01-22-2013 03:22 PM

i replaced both sensors from autozone, i also test the coils and their working good, ok now l unploged the camshaft conector and it started. but i dont think it thats a solution for the problem, any ideas?

bennyb53 01-23-2013 11:39 AM

defective cam sensor.

toxicg35 01-23-2013 02:49 PM

thats what i thought but i bought other new sensors and still does the same...

NissanAltima01 01-25-2013 04:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So you received the P0340 code for the Camshaft position sensor and replaced the defected sensor with the new modified "metallic version" sensor since the original plastic version were the issue from the start. Not sure why you would replace the Crankshaft position sensor unless your vehicle is stalling on the road or at stop lights. If the Crankshaft position sensor was defected it would of gave you the P0335 code. I would check the Camshaft position sensors connector harness and double check your work when you snap in the sensor and make sure the connector clicks in. Have you checked to see if the vehicle would start every time you pull off the Camshaft position sensor connector or wouldn't start if you connect the connector back into the Camshaft position sensor? Below i have posted pictures of what the new "metallic version" of the sensor would look and where it would go on your vehicle.

DH311 01-26-2013 05:53 AM

'05 Altima problems with cam/crankshaft sensors

I am having the exact same issues with my wife's 2005 Altima. She has already had the crankshaft sensor replaced and ECM reprogrammed under warranty. A few years later, here we are again. I replaced the camshaft sensor because it was the first code that came up. It was the old style so it allowed oil to leak onto the harness. I cleaned the harness up, but then I got a code for the crankshaft position sensor. I replaced it and still no luck...the Service light comes back on and it has the same problems- running/starting. My question is, does the ECM need to be reprogrammed when the crankshaft sensor is changed? Or could my problem most likely be the harness? Also, could the bad harness on the camshaft sensor cause a code to pop up for the crankshaft sensor? I also got my parts from AutoZone and not Nissan. Any help would be much appreciated.

akedemikz 01-26-2013 07:25 PM

Same Problem here. I Have A 2003 Altima. Stopped Running Would Crank And That's It. Had 0335 Code So I Changed CaM And Crankshaft Sensors From An Autopart Store And The CaR Still Won't Start. Almost Does, But Just Cranks Still. Any Ideas?

Nissan Said I Wasn't On Recall List And,Hung Up.

bennyb53 01-27-2013 11:12 AM

just because you just bought it, it doesn't mean its not DOA. pls. refer to Item #1 on thread #2.

riggscw 01-27-2013 03:20 PM

I too am having the same problem but the code reader will not link up to my car so that i can read codes.

DH311 01-28-2013 04:27 AM

For the people out there who are having the same issue as my earlier post (camshaft code P1340 came up first and once it was changed, crankshaft code came up P1335/ replaced crankshaft sensor as well and still having problems) I was told to switch the camshaft sensor with the crankshaft sensor. If the camshaft code P1335 comes back up, then you'd know it's a bad crank sensor. Otherwise, it's probably a wiring issue. After reading thread after thread on here for 4 days, it looks like the faulty camshaft sensor, which is the same as the faulty crankshaft sensor, was never recalled (thanks Nissan). With my wife's Altima, the oil leaked through onto the connectors and there was some blue/green corrosion where the wires plugged into the connectors. I'm going to have to take it to Nissan to have the pigtail/connector switched out. Can't get part anywhere else. Hopefully this helps someone...

akedemikz 01-29-2013 11:19 AM

Yea. I Pulled Off The New Crank Sensor And I Noticed The Connector Still Has Oil In It. How Do I Go About Cleaning The Connector Of Oil? I Know I Can Do The Wiring Myself, But IM Hoping I Don't Have To Go That Far.

akedemikz 01-29-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riggscw (Post 86691)
I too am having the same problem but the code reader will not link up to my car so that i can read codes.

Can You Do The Diagnostics Test From The Car Itself? The Car Has It's Own Diagnostics Mode, Just Have To Perform A Couple Steps To Get There.

Key Off, Then Turn To On Position, Wait Three Seconds, Then Press The Gas Pedal Down All The Way Five Times Within 5 Sec, Wait 7 Seconds, Then Press Gas Pedal Down For 10 Sec And You Should See The Engine Light Start To Blink If Done Right. Might Take A Few Tries, But It Does Work.

How Many Blinks You Get In Each Sequence Is What Your Code Is Going To Be.
Ten Blinks=0

NissanAltima01 01-29-2013 04:00 PM

You could use a compressed air can, a clean shop towel, and a small flat head screw driver. Start by blowing into the connector, then wrap the shop towel around the tip of the small flat head screw driver to clean what is left. You would probably need to redue the procedure since it will most likely bring out more oil again.

akedemikz 01-29-2013 04:13 PM

I Cleaned It Out And Now IM Getting This Code 1615.