Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Juke (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/juke/)
-   -   Hard/No Start (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/juke/21653-hard-no-start.html)

walnutbird17 03-06-2012 06:04 PM

Hard/No Start

Anybody eperiencing a intermittant Hard start on the 2011 Juke.Extended crank time with no engine light.Please advise.

NissanTech 03-06-2012 09:29 PM

Not a common problem, but there is a bulletin with JUKE when there are more intelligent keys inside that can cause a no start situation.

mpe235 03-07-2012 02:32 AM

Do you smell gas outside the vehicle?

walnutbird17 03-07-2012 03:18 AM

Yes you can.I am aware of the fuel pressure sensor being recalled for leaks.

mpe235 03-07-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walnutbird17 (Post 76852)
Yes you can.I am aware of the fuel pressure sensor being recalled for leaks.

It could be starting hard because of the fuel leak. The direct injection runs at very high pressure. If the pressure is falling because of a leak it could cause the hard start.

walnutbird17 03-07-2012 04:02 PM

Thanks.I was thinking the same.The thing is I beleive on start up it would be the electric fuel pump(70psi) supplying the fuel.I have 70psi while the vehicle is displaying the symptoms,extended crank time and rough idle once it started.My tech support in Toronto can offer nothing at this time.I have three Jukes now with the same concern.I'm puzzled.

mpe235 03-07-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walnutbird17 (Post 76872)
Thanks.I was thinking the same.The thing is I beleive on start up it would be the electric fuel pump(70psi) supplying the fuel.I have 70psi while the vehicle is displaying the symptoms,extended crank time and rough idle once it started.My tech support in Toronto can offer nothing at this time.I have three Jukes now with the same concern.I'm puzzled.

I am pretty sure that is goes up to the high pressure pump at 70 psi and then the mechanical pump increases the pressure from there. If it is bleeding down it would take longer for the mechanical pump to build enough pressure to overcome the compression in the cylinder and deliver the fuel. It would show symptoms similar to when the fuel pressure regulator goes bad and allows the fuel system to bleed down.
Has the recall been done on this yet?

walnutbird17 03-07-2012 04:50 PM

No.I have no details.All I know is I have a essential tool coming(Torque Wrench adapter) beyond that the Tsb is still in being developed.This info is provided through my dealer portal.I reason I want to discount this Recall as a cure is through my conversations with tech support The bulletin was never brought up.We'll see,at this point I suppose I should wait and see .

mpe235 03-07-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walnutbird17 (Post 76875)
No.I have no details.All I know is I have a essential tool coming(Torque Wrench adapter) beyond that the Tsb is still in being developed.This info is provided through my dealer portal.I reason I want to discount this Recall as a cure is through my conversations with tech support The bulletin was never brought up.We'll see,at this point I suppose I should wait and see .

The recall has been available on asist for a few days. I have done a couple already. Pretty simple to do. Remove the intake manifold and the sensor is on the fuel rail below it. Change the gasket and reassemble. Are you in the U.S. or Canada? I called tech line a couple weeks ago about a couple jukes I had in the shop with fuel odors and they immediately told me to look for a leak at the pressure sensor.

walnutbird17 03-07-2012 06:03 PM

Thank's.I'm in Nova Scotia.I update my assist nightly.I looked at my assist just now and the recall hasn't been posted yet.I know that some gaskets will be drop shipped to me however I have no torque spec on the sensor.I should mention that I haven't smelled fuel.The owner has.Any conversation I had with tech line envolved the extended crank time/rough idle.At this point they are looking for my help in getting a snapshot of data with the C3 plus while displaying the symptom.Also the owner of one unit has supplied me with a short video clip with sound of the instrument cluster while the engine is cranking over and not starting.

mpe235 03-08-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walnutbird17 (Post 76877)
Thank's.I'm in Nova Scotia.I update my assist nightly.I looked at my assist just now and the recall hasn't been posted yet.I know that some gaskets will be drop shipped to me however I have no torque spec on the sensor.I should mention that I haven't smelled fuel.The owner has.Any conversation I had with tech line envolved the extended crank time/rough idle.At this point they are looking for my help in getting a snapshot of data with the C3 plus while displaying the symptom.Also the owner of one unit has supplied me with a short video clip with sound of the instrument cluster while the engine is cranking over and not starting.

Per tech line the torque on the sensor is 50nm. The tool that Nissan is sending makes it easy to torque it but you can do it with a 6 point 27mm deep socket. I think the spec. on the recall here says around 45nm.
I e-mailed a copy of the recall to you.

BSK 12-04-2017 12:37 PM

Juke Hard/No Start

What is the Hi Pressure fuel pump reading PID on the scanner for a 2011 Turbo Juke, Also the the PID for the fuel rail sensor