Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Altima (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/altima/)
-   -   95 altima tach jumping, stalling engine (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/altima/21525-95-altima-tach-jumping-stalling-engine.html)

jcrawford 02-21-2012 06:37 PM

95 altima tach jumping, stalling engine

OK, I'm brand new hoping to find some much needed and appreciated info. My car has been running rough for quite some time. My car is a 5 speed. What's happening is it seems like when I very first start the car and take off (cold or warm outside) it seems like it has a loss of power for a few sec's then takes off and doesn't happen again, this is just the simple easy problem. The big problem is when I'm traveling, and almost always at highway speeds (very rarely when I'm in town driving) my tach will go nuts and start jumping, sometimes it stalls completely and sometimes it stays running while I'm pushing the accelerator but the vehicle simply will not accelerate, then stalls. So far every time it's stalled I have been able to get it re-started, sometimes right away, sometimes it takes a few minutes. Sometimes it will start and I'll go to take off but it dies right away again, but always it will eventually start and if I can get going up to speed pretty fast it's usually OK for several miles, (maybe 5 maybe 25, then it'll do it again). My check engine light is on for the knock sensor and egr valve. It's getting more and more frequent. Here's a list of things that have been replaced due to these symptoms but unfortunately to no avail. :angry2:

-distributor cap and rotor
-spark plug, wires, valve cover gasket
-knock sensor
-egr valve tested, working properly, so not replaced
-fuel pump
-fuel filter
-ignition coil

I'm at a complete loss and just hoping someone has some suggestions. My hubby has been working on this relentlessly for several weeks and we're just replacing good parts with new parts. I've had it at the garage and they cannot figure it out, they're the ones who did the ignition coil cause my husband was tired of fooling with it. Ive read lots of things that are similar to this but no one ever posts what actually fixed the problem, lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!

bennyb53 02-22-2012 12:50 AM

Of all the parts that's been replaced I was hoping to see IACV/AAC valve but I didn't. So inspect and/or replace.

jcrawford 02-22-2012 06:37 AM

Thank you for the suggestion, I will check in to this!!

hec546 02-24-2012 11:48 AM

Did it work???

jcrawford 02-24-2012 05:55 PM

Actually, my hubby is going to take a look at it tomorrow. We are in the middle of several projects and it's hard to find time for everything lol. I will for sure post update after he checks it out, thanks for inquiring.