Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Maxima (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/maxima/)
-   -   Crank position sensors (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/maxima/20982-crank-position-sensors.html)

harry2harry 12-19-2011 02:34 PM

Crank position sensors

Does anyone know the location of the 2 crank position sensors on 2001 maxima GLE 3.0 V6. Pictures would be greatly appreciated !!

streamcast 12-19-2011 04:01 PM

one just next to crank pulley and the other is located in frt to the lft of the frt engine mount.

bobflood 12-20-2011 05:37 AM

+1 on this, The one next to the crank pulley is just above the pulley, which puts it on the pass side of the engine compartment; remove the splash guard on that side for easy access. The other one is low down at the junction of the engine and transmission; remove the driver side bottom slash guard and look up.

harry2harry 12-20-2011 08:04 AM

Thank you guys for the assistance...now i had the sensors replaced...but the car still cranks but wont start.....Dont know what to do..tested the fuel pump ok. Need help plss !!!!....the car shut off on me on a traffic. I cranked it a few times..it wont start.

bennyb53 12-20-2011 03:00 PM

Did you scan for trouble codes. I assume you had a trouble code that points to CKP sensors thus prompting you to replace them. You may need to replace the camshaft sensor. But b4 you do that verify your work to be sure connections are lock and tight.

Battery?, Starter/Solenoid? connections are good? Check for failed Neutral Safety Switch. maf sensor? Hope this helps.

harry2harry 01-05-2012 05:54 PM

Thanks you guys for your ideas..At first it got weird as the Scanner shows No link (no connection)..so we couldnt identify the actual problem. It was later we realize the ground connection was partially disconnected with the clip on unlock position. This was found after replacing the fuel pump. So the car started after proper ground connection.

Now ...my car cranks 2 - 3times before starting everymorning in this cold weather.It runs great and afterwards. Scanned, its says idle control system..what could be the problem now..because my idling does nt rev up and down. Please advice guys !!!

L36 01-05-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry2harry (Post 74858)
Thanks you guys for your ideas..At first it got weird as the Scanner shows No link (no connection)..so we couldnt identify the actual problem. It was later we realize the ground connection was partially disconnected with the clip on unlock position. This was found after replacing the fuel pump. So the car started after proper ground connection.

Now ...my car cranks 2 - 3times before starting everymorning in this cold weather.It runs great and afterwards. Scanned, its says idle control system..what could be the problem now..because my idling does nt rev up and down. Please advice guys !!!

What is the actual check engine code?

streamcast 01-08-2012 02:07 PM

Need to perform idle relearn. Use the knowledge based section to get this procedure,