Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Altima (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/altima/)
-   -   2003 altima 2.5 with a p0507 code (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/altima/1753-2003-altima-2-5-p0507-code.html)

countryboy9799 01-24-2007 09:05 AM

2003 altima 2.5 with a p0507 code

Hi all, new to the forum here and looking for advice on my gf's altima. About the middle of Dec. the service engine light came on so I called the dealer and he said it was probably the gas cap and to run it for a week and see if the light goes out. The light went out for about a week and then came on again, we ended up going to an autozone so I had it checked and came up with this code, the guy cleared the code and the light stayed off for about two weeks and came back on again.
Last night I checked it again and the same code came up, what should I be looking at? Should I try cleaning the throttle body and if so what is the procedure for this car? Thank's in advance
Scott

countryboy9799 01-28-2007 02:54 PM

I ended up cleaning the throttle body with throttle body cleaner and put it back together only to have it now idle at about 1500 instead of the 900 before. Will it take some time for the computer to learn the idle speed because I unhooked the battery? In the service manual it had a procedure for idle air volume learning and I tried that but could not get it to work right, any suggestions would be apprieciated.

dre351 01-29-2007 03:35 PM

if you sprayed cleaner in the throttle body it may be bad now. the problem is when you spray anything in it the fluid will run down the shaft and into the electronics destroying the throttle body. but the fact that it still rauns may be a good sign. it will probably need to have the idle volume learn reset with the nissan consult (scan tool).

countryboy9799 01-30-2007 06:28 AM

My nissan dealer told me to scrub the throttle body good with a toothbrush and use throttle body cleaner. Isnt that what they make TB cleaner so you can clean the TB?

Birdman 06-01-2007 06:43 PM

2002 Nissan Altama

I have the same problem Check engine light code P0507
Removed my TB and cleaned but before I did this also removed the electronics from it also! After installing it idle was @ 1100 RPM So reset the Idle Air Control (Note did not get the SES light to flash?) after doing this RPM's droped to 700. I also tryed the batery cable thing (holding them together for 10 seconds, off of the batery). The car will still hesatate when you start up,but if you acelerate it will clear up and run fine? About 200 miles SES light will come back on?

Thanks

Cash 11-28-2007 02:17 PM

hello, i have the same year & model with P0507. I have read the comments above but where is this throttle body and what does it look like.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cash 12-03-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdman (Post 9177)
I have the same problem Check engine light code P0507
Removed my TB and cleaned but before I did this also removed the electronics from it also! After installing it idle was @ 1100 RPM So reset the Idle Air Control (Note did not get the SES light to flash?) after doing this RPM's droped to 700. I also tryed the batery cable thing (holding them together for 10 seconds, off of the batery). The car will still hesatate when you start up,but if you acelerate it will clear up and run fine? About 200 miles SES light will come back on?

Thanks

Hello Birdman, Are you saying this is not permanent fix and SES could appear again after 200 miles?