Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Murano (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/murano/)
-   -   2003-2005 Murano Alternators Recalled!!! (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/murano/16-2003-2005-murano-alternators-recalled.html)

jaak 07-14-2005 06:06 AM

2003-2005 Murano Alternators Recalled!!!

link

Anonymous 07-15-2005 05:14 PM

Alternator Recall of 2003 Murano

I guess I timed it well, because Thursday, July 14 my 2003 Murano was towed to Michael Jordan Nissan in Durham, NC. The DX was a broken alternator and I was quoted a repair price of ~ $600.00. When I returned to pick up the car, the service manager informed me there would be no charge for the fix because of the alternator recall that day.
Since the purchase of mycar @ the same location, I have been very impressed with their sales associates and the service center. I have found them all to be very honest and very amenable to problem resolutions. I plan to replace my Murano next year and will definately buy it at Michael Jordon's Nissan dealership and will continue to have all my maintenance done by them even though I live about 40 minutes away.

Anonymous 09-01-2005 03:40 PM

My 2004 Nissan Murano had its alternator replaced under the recall the week of August 15. Today my the brake light, ABS light and engine light all went on as the air conditioner turned on by iteself. My directionals stopped working and I slowly started to loose power. The Murano was towed to my Nissan dealer but all tests performed proved that there was nothing wrong with it.
Has anyone had a similar problem? I am worried about breaking down.
I suspect a defective alternator, but the dealer can't confirm that.

Anonymous 12-20-2005 04:29 PM

Murano Electrical Problems AFTER alternator replacement

Though I did not experience the same problems as you have, I too, just had my alternator replaced. Prior to doing so, I had a problem with the electrical system and still do. I hear a clicking sound underneath the steering wheel or behind the dashboard. Then the lights on the dashboard showing the radio station playing and inside/outside temperature, etc. where the GPS would normally go (I don't have the GPS feature), flicker and go out.

I have clicked my lock/unlock button on my key ring and that has seemed to stop it (or perhaps it was coincidence that it stopped). Once I hear the clicking I kill the radio and try to listen and observe any other problems. I have not lost power and everything eventually restores. One other thing to note is that this has happened three times prior to the new alternator and once since the new install and all days have been pretty colds (10F-20F).

Anyone else have such problems with their 2003 SL?