Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Rogue (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/rogue/)
-   -   08-09 rogue cvt rattle recall (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/rogue/13793-08-09-rogue-cvt-rattle-recall.html)

warp9racing 12-29-2009 03:58 PM

08-09 rogue cvt rattle recall

Hi guys

just wondering if anyone has any information on some recall for 08-09 rouges due to cvts that have rattle noises? i think the recall is called P9249?

I checked the knowledge base but it did not come up with anything.

NissanTech 12-29-2009 06:22 PM

I have nothing yet, I will be posting the latest recalls next week.

nissan master tech 12-29-2009 09:03 PM

its just a tcm and ecm software update ive had to do almost 30 of them the past 3 weeks it cures the slight rattle when accelerating at a slow rate

rpfeiffer 12-30-2009 05:58 AM

CVT software effects question

Does the software update effect the torque or gas mileage in any way, and if so how? Is the rattle harmful - could it cause other problem?
Our rattle is not bad, but don't want it to get worse or cause some problem later

warp9racing 12-30-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nissan master tech (Post 48611)
its just a tcm and ecm software update ive had to do almost 30 of them the past 3 weeks it cures the slight rattle when accelerating at a slow rate

have you ever had and issue with the consult III where it starts to dl the info, but freezes and does not finish the reprogram?

nissan master tech 12-30-2009 07:38 AM

did it have a error code? borneo failure?

warp9racing 12-30-2009 08:46 AM

No failure code ? not sure what you mean by borneo failure?

we had to restart the consult III and everything seemed fine, we tired the procedure twice but still the consult III froze so we could not complete the recall

nissan master tech 12-30-2009 09:09 AM

do you have all loads off and trans in park? and using direct diag as per bulletain?

streamcast 01-01-2010 02:13 PM

I did on the same happened but the TCM was no longer good once the download failed. It downloaded to the VI but when transferring to the tcm from the vi got to 99% froze and that was it had to replace the TCM as the consult would not detect a tcm to reprogram. If there is a way to so let me know. However I did inquire about it because a week later lost an ECM because of the freeze up. However with that said I have reprogrammed several in between. Apparently you have to turn of wireless and bluetooth, and make sure that the batt volts stay above 12 volts at all times. I know of some are disconnecting the rad fans to keep the voltage stable.

nissan master tech 01-01-2010 02:25 PM

i always disconnect the fans yeah your right about having to replace a ecm when the consult freezes at 99%. its happened to me once

mpe235 01-01-2010 02:26 PM

If you get a failure shut down consult III and then disconnect the vehicle battery. Touch both ends of the disconnected cables together for about 30 seconds and then reconnect. Then reconnect consult III and retry the program. It does not work every time, maybe 50 % .

Also make sure you do the tcm first. All loads have to be off. Doors all closed, radio off, blower motor turned all the way off and nothing plugged into any power outlets etc.

warp9racing 01-06-2010 02:31 PM

Can someone upload the us tsb...we seem to be reprogramming some ok but we are encountering issues with our GR8 where it says batt. status temp high...so far no more ecm's and tcm's damaged

mpe235 01-06-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warp9racing (Post 48924)
Can someone upload the us tsb...we seem to be reprogramming some ok but we are encountering issues with our GR8 where it says batt. status temp high...so far no more ecm's and tcm's damaged

For some reason these are very sensitive to battery voltage. Instead of using the charger just connect a jump box to the battery. It keeps the battery from going dead without changing the voltage.

martinh 05-14-2016 09:37 AM

Hi, please can anyone advise as to what the resolution is to the Borneo region crash of Consult 3?
Is it a Win XP fix or a Consult program configuration/update?
Many thanks in advance

mpe235 05-17-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinh (Post 99253)
Hi, please can anyone advise as to what the resolution is to the Borneo region crash of Consult 3?
Is it a Win XP fix or a Consult program configuration/update?
Many thanks in advance

It usually corrects itself if you power it off and then back on.