Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/)
-   -   Nissan Bluetooth (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/11779-nissan-bluetooth.html)

dunnotar 06-05-2009 01:49 PM

Nissan Bluetooth

It is now apparent that many mobile phones using Windows Mobile 6.1
will not work with the Bose Navigation or Non Navigation Bluetooth hands free systems in 2007 to 2009 Nissans and Infinitys.

There is a work-around posted on many internet forums, but I am disappointed that Nissan won't address this issue, other than to list compatible phones.

Anybody have an update on this issue?

mpe235 06-05-2009 04:18 PM

Nissan is at the mercy of the supplier of the bluetooth module. Until they make a change there is nothing that nissan can do.

Besides windows mobile is terrible. Get a blackberry:biggrinthumb:
But thats just my opinion.

roly 07-20-2009 01:42 PM

I am using a BlackBerry Curve and my conversations are very 'choppy', I can hear well, but they can not hear me well. Anybody else has this problem? Any suggestion on how to get this fixed?

Toyster 07-25-2009 01:15 PM

Just bought a Nissan 370Z- Pearl White, I just love it

Where can I find a list of the Bluetooth compatible phones?

I've tried searching to no avail, btw I didn't get the Navigation system, just Touring with Sports package.

Thanks in advance! :yak:

rilkgrime 02-25-2010 02:37 PM

i just got a 2010 maxima with nav. i am having a problem connecting my bluetooth phone. it connects and then the connection drops within seconds. every 10th try it actually connects and stays connected. any ideas about this?

mpe235 02-25-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rilkgrime (Post 50782)
i just got a 2010 maxima with nav. i am having a problem connecting my bluetooth phone. it connects and then the connection drops within seconds. every 10th try it actually connects and stays connected. any ideas about this?

What kind of phone are you using?

rilkgrime 02-25-2010 03:41 PM

its a samsung sphm520. i can connect to the car only for a few seconds and then it disconnects. the phone is set to be visible always and to "auto-accept", whatever that means. it worked twice, but only twice. not sure how that happens either. any ideas?

mpe235 02-26-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rilkgrime (Post 50787)
its a samsung sphm520. i can connect to the car only for a few seconds and then it disconnects. the phone is set to be visible always and to "auto-accept", whatever that means. it worked twice, but only twice. not sure how that happens either. any ideas?

Try removing the battery from the phone and then reinstall it.

mkztg 03-15-2010 02:03 PM

I am able to use my Samsung Jack (updated to Windows Mobile 6.5) with my 2010 Maxima (no navigation) I guess I should feel lucky considering my phone isn't on the "compatible phone" list.

egutwillig 03-16-2010 11:49 AM

Total disappointment w/Nissan bluetooth implementation

After purchasing a 2010 Altima at a sticker price of over $30,000 it is truly disappointing to learn that my Verizon cell phone is "not compatible" In fact almost no current Verizon cell phones from LG or others are on the list. That means that either there is limited functionality or none at all. Verizon is the largest cell service provider in the US and LG is either the most common brand or in the top two for Verizon.

In my case, I am lucky, I can pair my LG VX8350 and use the system to make a receive calls. However, I cannot download my phonebook nor individual data to the vehicle's system. I can work around this issue by obtaining a compatible cell phone and downloading the phonebook. I cannot work around the issue (acccording to Nissan support) by connecting a PC via bluetooth and using Bitpim software to download the phonebook. Also, Nissan informed me that their service department probably doesn't have a workaround either.

Nissan and their supplier (Bose?) have not responded to my requests for resolution of this issue. Therefore, I am writing this post to inform potential purchasers of my experience. Perhaps they may want to forgo Nissans bluetooth functionality in favor of aftermarket alternatives.

One that has worked flawlessly is form Parrot. Parrot provides bluetooth for many other major car manufacturers (Honda, Audi, BMW, etc.). My experience is that they continually offer software upgrades to keep up with cel phone releases. In the three years I owned the system I had three different cell phone models and ALL worked flawlessly.

Jrcol123 04-01-2010 07:38 AM

Bluetooth - Phonebook

I have a Verizon Palm Treo and have been able to connect and use the bluetooth without any lost connections. What I can't do is enter and load any phonebook information by way of the phone (Transfer Entry) or by voice. So I guess I will let my Palm be the main drive behind the bluetooth by starting all calls from my phone. I do have my Handsfree setting in my Palm to pickup after two rings which is a help. I'm also a little put off by the lack of Nissan's bluetooth capabilities.

dsnillo 04-29-2010 12:03 PM

I also have a 2010 Altima, and aN LG GB255g (Madison). I also have the problem that the phone book cannot be accessed by the cars Bluetooth system. Nissan referred me to Bluetooth, who referred me back to Nissan's compatibility lists with the comment that there were no work arounds if the phone was not in the list. This phone is missing from a lot of compatibility lists, and is almost unknown by the retail reps I have spoken to. I suspect that either in the phone or the Bose system there are switches which will change connectivity. The issue may be licensing, or cheapness, but I will leave it to the hackers to find the back doors.

I can only express my disappointment that such versatile technology is left incomplete. I will research aftermarket alternatives more thoroughly next time.

kragbax 05-05-2010 06:05 AM

I've got pretty much same problem. 2010 2.5s with Premium Audio (no nav), LG Versa phone (pretty much same as LG Dare). Phone connects no problem. Phone book works sometimes, blank other times. Can't add numbers, ever. Not even a command under "phonebook" other than Dial and List. No command to Transfer, no Add number manually. Even if the phonebook seems to be working (I can "List" numbers, or sometimes just say the name), the next time I get in car - nothing. Phone works, but phonebook blank. And/or "Command Not Recognized" when I say a name.

but I CAN still dial numbers manually, and calls auto transfer to car from phone.

Very weird. Very frustrating. One of the things I really liked about the car when I bought it a week + ago, now it's the one thing that's ticking me off the most!

mkztg 09-13-2010 07:22 PM

spoke too soon!

After working flawlessly for several months my phone just stopped working with the handsfree one day. I can dial but I can not hear the person on the other end through the speakers anymore. :ablow:

Very frustrating - I haven't a clue what I may have done to make it stop working all of a sudden... Has anyone had a similar problem with a phone and found a solution?

Thanks.

mkztg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkztg (Post 51530)
I am able to use my Samsung Jack (updated to Windows Mobile 6.5) with my 2010 Maxima (no navigation) I guess I should feel lucky considering my phone isn't on the "compatible phone" list.

dsnillo 09-14-2010 01:29 AM

My Altima's system now accesses the phone book in my phone, and has not failed in several weeks. The first time it worked properly, it was charging in the car. Is this possibly a signal strength problem? My dealer's comment was that they have seen a lot of intermittent operation of the Bluetooth system, and there has not been a software upgrade since Nissan began using the system in 2007.

They are friendly and polite, but won't be able to do anything if it fails again.