Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Murano (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/murano/)
-   -   CVT-problems (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/murano/1075-cvt-problems.html)

Nick Naidenov 10-04-2006 06:09 AM

CVT-problems

Hi
I have a problem with my Mirano's transmission (CVT), DTC gives a code P1777 - Step motor circuit. The resistance of one of the coils is different (4 instead of 15 ohms) Is there anybody that could help and advice.
:helpsmilie: Nick

mpe235 10-15-2006 02:00 PM

Sounds like a bad step motor.

Component Inspection
STEP MOTOR
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Disconnect CVT unit harness connector.
3. Check resistance between CVT unit harness connector termi-nals
and ground.
4. If NG, replace the transaxle assembly.
Control valve Connector Terminal Resistance
(Approx.)
Step motor F6
6 - 7 30 ohms
8 - 9 30 ohms
6 - Ground 15 ohms
7 - Ground "
8 - Ground "
9 - Ground "

mowbixby 08-14-2011 11:51 PM

Hi. Can the step motor be replaced? I'm trying my hardest not to replace the transmission, 'cos I can't afford it right now.

mpe235 08-15-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowbixby (Post 69664)
Hi. Can the step motor be replaced? I'm trying my hardest not to replace the transmission, 'cos I can't afford it right now.

The parts are not available from nissan. The warranty on that transmission is 10 years or 120,000 miles.

mowbixby 08-15-2011 10:39 PM

Yeah, I doubt if the warranty is still valid since the car has been shipped out of the US. Thanks.

dayo_dbee 08-23-2011 11:51 AM

Nissan UK not honouring CVT warranty extension on Murano

I am wondering if anyone else is in my shoes, i just bought a Murano 6 months now, 2nd hand with 74k on the clock and have only done less than 1k in 6 months as i am a light car user hence my choice of a 3.5 litre gas guzzler (and i thought Japanese cars are probably the most reliable as my wife have had a Nissan Almera for 6 years now. I took the kids on a trip to France from UK and coming back, parked up waiting to board the ferry when the car refused to climb the ramp into the boat. I called the breakdown service after coming off the boat and was told its a transmission failure! From about 11pm, i finally got home with the Murano on the back of a truck at 4am next day (NEEDLESS TO MENTION THE STRESS FOR THE KIDS) I read about the extended warranty to 10 years or 120k in the US but on contacting Nissan UK, i was informed that they will not honour this as its only for the US. My question is, in fairness to consumers and in line with good customer service, should Nissan Uk not agree to repair this under their warranty? The repair is so expensive and for a car of this calibre to have a major transmission problem with no oil leaks or warning sign is so bad especailly under 100k. It is obvious that the CVT technology is not as good as Nissan are making people to believe and i will like to see more UK customers come together to put pressure on Nissan to rectify this fault free under warranty. i am quite prepared to contribute to legal fees to take Nissan to court in the UK. Anyone else share the same opinion???

gsteeg 09-05-2012 02:33 AM

CVT Steppen motor.

Hello there.
You have checked the steppe motor and find the two coils did not have the same resistance.
Your steppe motor is faulty and you can replace this.
They are available from CVT Parts Online
They are costly but available.
I would recommend to replace the oil and filter as well.
Check the wiring connection to the transmission ( big round plug ) for corrosion which can cause the failure of the steppe motor.
I have seen several of them which were internal corroded so clean them out with contact cleaner and spray some WD40 or CRC in there and refit the plug.
Nissan will never give you this info because they only wanted to sell complete transmissions.
So if you out there have any problems you can e-mail me on [email protected]

Regards Gsteeg

mowbixby 09-05-2012 04:06 AM

Hi there, I had the valve body replaced. Cost me about a $grand, that's cheaper than getting a new tranny though. My car is right back and doing better than ever. Just wonder how long it will last though. It's been almost a year now.

magnamagus 05-20-2013 05:44 AM

CVT FAULTY - I experience. Loss of. Power up hills, stuck in 6th gear, hot transmission and noise from the cvt. I bought a new Nissan 2010 with a cvt cost $36000. It worked excellent or fine or great for the first 40k miles.. except for a leaking power steering pump. I drive to school up elevation several times a month about 90 miles on a 75 mph highway . With 50k miles on the car i I noticed a dangerous lost of power driving on 75 mph highway up hilly roads - this is the 1st occurrence. I thought it was a fluke of the cvt -- my previous 2007 Nissan with a cvt did not do this -- 2007 maxima. The car (3.5 300 hp) sport edition gets stuck in 6th gear and won't down shift causing the engine to rev to 7000-8000 rpms just to maintain speed up a long gradual hill. I used to do 80-90 mph up this hill now I can barely do 60 mph up the same hill.. I thought it was normal but no .... It's getting worst... This not normal.. next few times making this trip with 60k miles on the car I had to stop twice to let the cvt rest. The car lost torque and would not even go -- cvt very hot and makes a whining noise . Just recently I'm finding that I have to pull over and stop three times just to make the 80 mile trip.. The car seems to drive normal in city traffic but this is a fluke the. Computer or the cvt is going bad . This never happened with my 2007 cvt maxima. I'm gojng to take it to the dealer and call nissan Customer relations I paid $36000k for my car -- so if they don't fix it... ..... I will go back to Honda acuRa or Toyota. I love my maxima..... but that cvt has some serious problems with it.. Nissan needs to admit it, and these dirty Nissan dealers need to stop trying to sell loyal customers things they don't need and just fix the cvt ..... I will give Nissan a second chance ...cuz I'm thinking of buyjng a 2013 max..... But they need stand behind thier product.

Video of the Problem:

http://youtu.be/pd9zdcU9eYM
http://youtu.be/8V9lhh8Kros
http://youtu.be/bTKFBfWjlSg