Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
heat loss at idle Forums > > heat loss at idle heat loss at idle
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
2007 Pathfinder

Will do. Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:02 PM
2007 Pathfinder

Hey guys sorry for just now posting again. I tried cracking the lid on the recovery tank several days in a row. I get a pressure release sound each time I do but I can't really tell if its any better. This week I replaced the front timing chain tensioners (they were whining due to wear you can find info on that here if you have problems with a whine above 2000 rpms http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/front...40-repair.html) that being said I had to drain the coolant. Still having the problems and worried I have air in the system some where. Even held a shop vac on the recovery tank this time while filling the radiator in hopes it might eliminate any air in the system while filling.

Any suggestions? Thanks for all the help.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 AM
2007 Pathfinder

Exclamation Rear Heat Fluctuates - 2007 Pathfinder SE

I know this thread is old, but I too have issues with the rear heat on my 2007 Pathfinder SE, 51k miles.

Hogballjim; I'm wondering if you ever figured out your issue...

Or anyone else - Front heat works fine, rear is cool until I step on the gas. Once I gun it, the rear is warm as it should be. After I slow down and drive normal (town driving) it goes cool again.

I checked the reservoir and its almost full.

Any suggestions would be great.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 AM
2007 Pathfinder

Default Hi neimadpc

I've not really checked mine in a while to be honest. Just now getting cold enough to notice that problem again here. I did realize that after installing the timing chain tensioner's I mentioned and thus draining the coolant, I'd inadvertently switched the radiator and overflow tank caps. They are very similar but not the same. I was losing fluid when the engine got really warm. But, I will check next time I drive to see if I'm getting heat at idle now.

I noticed just yesterday when I turn the engine off after the truck is warmed completely up I hear gurgling and/or swishing. I'm assuming I'm hearing that in the heater core. So I wonder if I have some air still trapped in the system. So far I've not been able to get that to stop. I've even tried disconnecting the heater hoses at the firewall and letting air escape there.

Btw, I don't have rear heat controls in my model.

Sorry. Wish I could be of more help. I will repost once I check and see if mine is heating at idle or not now.

I also have an older Range Rover that occupied most of my attention over the summer so I kind of put the Pathfinder problems on the back burner and forgot about them. Out of sight out of mind I guess. lol

Jim
Old 11-14-2012, 09:56 AM
2007 Pathfinder

Default Rear Heat Fluctuates - 2007 Pathfinder SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogballjim View Post
Sorry. Wish I could be of more help. I will repost once I check and see if mine is heating at idle or not now.
Thanks for the reply and help!

Tags
heat, idle, loss