Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Low tire pressure warning not going away Forums > > Low tire pressure warning not going away Low tire pressure warning not going away
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 12-20-2008, 08:30 AM
zaidallas

Default Low tire pressure warning not going away

Hello
I've done a search already and yielded two posts regarding this warning , however neither thread can answer my question.

I have a 2005 SE pathfinder , the temps here dropped to about 65 so the LTP warning light came on i thought ok i should keep the pressure above 35 psi during cold weather to compensate for the cold tires .

However i'm not able to get rid of the warning light and i have inflated my tires all the way up to 40 psi now , still the light is on.

Is there a bad sensor somewhere ? i don't even know what this system consists of and i don't even mind dissabeling it if possible just to get rid of the light.

any help ?

I should note that i have a US spec pathfinder but the car and I are both outside the US in a place where there's no good nissan mechanics or proper diagnostic tools to reprogram any new sensors i might have to install.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:20 PM
2015 Rogue

You didn't install the spare tire for any reason did you?
ASE Master Certified.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:21 PM
zaidallas

Are you suggesting that my spare has a sensor as well and it might be low on pressure ?
I havn't touched the spare tire at all , i'll check the pressure this morning.
I was under the impression that the onboard computer can only monitor 4 sensors not 5.

PS im editing , i get your question no i havn't installed the spare.

Last edited by zaidallas; 12-20-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Enthusiast

06,08 Pathfinder & Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidallas View Post
Are you suggesting that my spare has a sensor as well and it might be low on pressure ?
I havn't touched the spare tire at all , i'll check the pressure this morning.
I was under the impression that the onboard computer can only monitor 4 sensors not 5.

PS im editing , i get your question no i havn't installed the spare.
I don't think the spare would have the TPMS. If you had installed it, the warning light would come on because it has contact with 3 sensors, not 4.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:53 AM

06-08 SHOPPING

If my memory serves me correctly, the TPMS works both ways, for under and over inflation. So, if you're at 40psi the light should be on ans an indication of too much air.
A few suggestions:

1. Double check your air pressure guage. I had to buy four to get one that gave an accurate reading.

2. With an 05, I would imagine you're no longer running your OEM tires? If so, head to your tire shop. In fact, I'd do this even if you get the light off on your own. Wouldn't hurt to have them double check the tire pressure for you.

3. Ylou might have to hit the dealer to have the TPMS reset. Seems like I reccall reading that the system has a tendency to stick.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 02:40 PM
2015 Rogue

40 psi isn't high enough to cause a code. You are going to have to take it to the dealer to check the codes that are stored. Sounds like a bad sensor.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:02 AM
zaidallas

Thanks alot guys , i've played with the tire pressure on all four the past few days , went all the way down to 25 psi made the thing beep at me , then pumped them all at a tire shop to 36 psi but nothing helped.
SO
I cheated and took the gauage cluster out and just covered that stupid LED , i dont want no light tellin me im low on air. Besides the dealers in this country are idiotic and don't like touching any nissan that is not GCC spec (persian gulf) , and my car is american spec. Yeah i know most of the systems are pretty much the same but oh well .
Old 12-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
1988 Truck
2005 Pathfinder se

Did you drive 15 miles then see if the light would go off ?? That always worked for me ...
Old 07-22-2012, 05:09 PM
2004 Armada

My armada is doing the same thing, but recently had to use the spare...I suspect that the spare lacks the sensor and that's the problem...I'm getting ready to put a new set on anyway, so hopefully it'll go off with the correct rim in place...any progress?
Old 07-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Most tire pressure sensor batteries last approx. 6 or 7 years and they are not serviceable. Finding out what the code is well tell if it is a "low battery" code. If it is, the most practical thing to do for the long run is replace all four TPMS sensors and then have them initialized by a Nissan/Infiniti dealer or a tire shop that has the equipment to do so. Nissan TPMS sensors usually run around $70-80 each. Rockauto.com sells Dorman TPMS sensors for $50 each.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 PM
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder SE

You are correct sir..The sensor battery will 'die' after about 6 years or so. Find a reputable tire shop to use their diagnostic.Just another safety device that sounds good in theory but in practice is just a pain in the ----.

Tags
low, pressure, tire, warning