Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 V6 Spark Plug Change Forums > > 2005 V6 Spark Plug Change 2005 V6 Spark Plug Change
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 11-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Jonnieski

Default 2005 V6 Spark Plug Change

Any hints to get at front right spark plug which in under air intakes?
Thanks?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Enthusiast

06,08 Pathfinder & Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnieski View Post
Any hints to get at front right spark plug which in under air intakes?
Thanks?
Got that many miles or kilometers on the engine already?! Sorry, no idea, haven't done it on a 05+ Pathfinder yet.

Before actually taking out the plug, blow em out with some canned air. Last thing you need is sand falling into the combustion chamber.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Xterra

Default replacing spark plugs

i would say that replacing your 100,000 mile spark plugs at aorund 70k might be a good idea...... i replaced mine and had mechanic replace them again 2 weeks ago when my mpg had dropped to 11 mpg. he did not remove the air throtle , he had an extension short enough to allow him to remove it.............WARNING...........you do have some dust inside the spark plug hole and you will cause some dust or dirt to fall inside through the spark plug hole............ i would simply recomend taking the time to remove the 2 nuts below throtle intake, and the nuts on the intake housing and the 2 nusts that are hidden below the wire harness that is against the fire wall separting the engine compartment and the cabin.... also make sure you dont change them when your engine is hot since you will break a bolt on the spark plug harness and possibly on the bolts of the intake housing.... a good product to use is an over the counter spark plug thread solution that you apply when replacing spark plugs....... once you have replaced your spark plugs, a week or two later take a plastic tube to your ear and the other side to the top of the spark plug connector.... if you hear a thump thump you will know that your spark plug is loose..(it happened to me) and while your working on your truck, as long as your engine is cold and battery is cold take the time to check the level on the battery water..... if its low purchase battery water and look in your manual to verify correct way to fill water........ water should not be higher then the base of the cylinder you are looking down into..

Tags
2005, change, plug, spark