Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Alarm going off randomly and Doors Locking Automatically Forums > > Alarm going off randomly and Doors Locking Automatically Alarm going off randomly and Doors Locking Automatically
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 11-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Bdaviskar

Default Alarm going off randomly and Doors Locking Automatically

Alarm going off randomly and Doors Locking Automatically

Hello

I have 2 issues I would appreciate any help

Alarm goes off in garage randomly. I have checked the door switches and dome light but I do not see anything wrong. It just goes off. Any thoughts?

I was looking for the fuse but I can not find it in the 3 fuse boxes I found. Can I just pull the fuse for now?

The second issue is that the car locks itself all by itself. If I leave the car unlocked it will lock itself.

Any help is appreciated Thank you.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:18 AM
2015 Rogue

Have your remote checked. Sometimes the buttons stick.
You can remove the battery from the remote and let the vehicle sit overnight. If the problem doesn't occur then you have a bad remote.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Bdaviskar

I took the battery out and I thought that was it untill it woke myself up and half the neighborhood.

Any other Ideas?

I did lose a set of keys with a fob but they have been gone for 6 months.
I do not think anyone is playing with me. I have looked all over for them in the car.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Bdaviskar

Also is there any where i can find an electrical diagram for this alarm. I did not see it in the Do it your self section here. Why has there not been a chilton or edmonds book on this new 2005 pathfinder model? Does any one know another manufacture that has a book like chiltons?

Besides the door switches and fob is there anything that can cause this?

Also the key will not shut the alarm off and it will still go off if key is in the ignition.

It only shuts off by itself or with the fob.

Any help is appreciate by me and my neighbors
Old 11-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Xterra

i dont know why your alarm is acting this way...... but i will give you a heads up about disconecting your battery....... i cleaned my battery posts and did not realize that once the battery would be connected again, the ecu would be in re-learn process for the air/fuel misture ...... drove as usual and my mpg was 10.+ .... since i have 102,000 miles on my xterra i had my injectors cleaned etc etc.... finally a mechanic pluged the nissan computer and found my engine at 86% for performance.... he re-set ecu and told me to drive like grandpa keeping rpm's very low and head to highway to get up to 60 mph very slow with rpm's low.... to keep at 60 15 to 20 minutes and for 24 hours to keep rpm's low...... this was last thursday... saturday went on a 253 mile trip and was back to 20mpg while driving through mountains and between 70 mph and 80 mph....... so once you figure out your alarm problem.... when you connect your battery.. keep your rpm's low 1000 to 1500 while the ecu is going throug its re-learn process.. other wise you will see your mpg go down without any reason... good luck
Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Bdaviskar

Ok I found out that there is an Auot lock feature that can only be shut off with the consult 2. Funny i did not see this in the owners manual. I wish I could do this with out paying for it.

OK I got it narrowed down

It is not a door or hood switch becasue the alarm will go off and stop only on its own or with the key fob. If it was a switch it would go for the full 25 seconds. It will stop on its own after a few seconds.

I am in the process of trying to check the BCM with Keyless entry modual. I was told a relay should not do this.

Any other Ideas?

Thanks Xterra!! I was going to diiconnect the battery but that will be last resort if i need sleep lol
Old 11-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

05? shouldn't this still be under the warranty?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Bdaviskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by momud View Post
05? shouldn't this still be under the warranty?

Unfortunatly not! I was a few months and a few Miles over.

I found this out when my back heater lines corroded
Old 11-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

i have to get outta here at work but i'll check in when i get home (~1/2h or so)
Old 11-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Bdaviskar

Actually I hope I have it. (fingers crossed)

My friend asked me if it only happened at home. I said yes
We figure it is the Panic alarm not the theft alarm (This is because when the alarm went off the key cylinder could not turn it off, only the remote would) so It could be the lost key remote.

I reprogramed the one remote I have thanks to this site and erased the other one. If the alarm happens again I can rule the lost remote. Makes sense if I lost it outside and the rain shorted it out. ( I hope)
Old 11-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

or the remote is in the garage somewhere messing with you..

has any wiring been altered on your vehicle? after market remote starter or anything?

it could be something as simple as a bad connection or one of the sensors that's making the alarm act up.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Bdaviskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by momud View Post
or the remote is in the garage somewhere messing with you..

has any wiring been altered on your vehicle? after market remote starter or anything?

it could be something as simple as a bad connection or one of the sensors that's making the alarm act up.
Everything looks like it is factory . I just bought my Pathfinder a few months ago.

I was also thinking the remote got lodged in the car or garage somewhere...

If this takes care of it than I know my lost set is with in 33 feet lol.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Bdaviskar

not it.

Now I think it can only be the connections or the BCM.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Bdaviskar

OK back to the drawing board. I think I only have 2 last Questions.

Until I either fix it or bring it into the shop Can I just pull fuse #30 over night so I do not have to worry about it going off? (like 1am again lol)
Fuse 30 diagram says it controls sc-charge, bl-keyless, bl-vehsec and ww-horn. I rather pull a fuse then disconnect the battery

Lastly is there a tool besides a consult 2 or 3 that can changed modes. I would like to switch modes on the panic alarm key fob operation, which can actually turn this off. I gues if it turns out to be the bcm then even if I turn this off the alarm can still turn on.

Thanks for letting me ramble. Just letting everyone know exactly what I did.

Any help is appreciated
Old 11-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

i sure am not familiar with 05s but pulling fuses on mine will not turn off the alarm. (what would be the point then) i doubt it'll do it on yours but i guess it may be worth a try.

yeah, the consult is really the only way to go unless you have a program on your laptop and are aple to hook it to the truck's computer.

Tags
alarm, automatically, doors, locking, randomly