Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Alarm going off randomly and Doors Locking Automatically Forums > > Alarm going off randomly and Doors Locking Automatically Alarm going off randomly and Doors Locking Automatically
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 11-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Bdaviskar

Out of the box idea.

I understand every time I press the key fob the receiver sends a signal to the BCM which checks id then continues on. This has to be the same way the panic button right? the reason why:

The other Idea is that this started Saturday afternoon. It happens only at my house. I bought new Dect 6.0 cordless phones Saturday morning. After reading how the bcm detects the id ,it possible the phone can still interfere? I believe it is
1920 MHz–1930 MHz in the US

Again thank you for your help

Last edited by Bdaviskar; 11-19-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

yeah, i can see the phone possibly effecting the thing.. never know.. my neighbor's garage doors go up and down all by themselves and i bet it's one of our other neighbor's phone doing it.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Bdaviskar

4-5 days so far and it has not gone off. The only thing I did was I reprogramed the fob a different way than on this forum.

I used the one in a nissan service manual. It said:

Close dors

enter key 6 times in ignition ten seconds, not to fast

insert key in igntion and turn to ACC

press any button on fob once (oldest code will be erased)

if you only have one then open door and you are done if you have more than one fob lock and unlock door with door switch. then press the other fob. repeat if you have another fob.

Open door when you want to end.

The BCM can only hold 5 codes.
The difference is I did it 5 times to make sure there was no other fob id codes in the bcm.
I am not sure why this worked for me than the other way. All I know is that It is not going off anymore!!!(so far)
Old 11-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

cool. let's hope that took care of it. :)
Old 11-25-2008, 06:10 PM

94 pathfinder

Default 94 Pathfinder SE factory alarm system

I have a 94 Pathfinder SE. Does anyone know where I can find information and electrical schematics for the factory (dealer?) alarm system? I have been seraching the web but not much luck. At one time I found some in a TSB I think but I can not locate it now.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

we have an electrical sys service manual check that out Knowledgebase - 1994 Pathfinder - Nissanhelp.com

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 12-02-2008, 04:53 PM

94 pathfinder

Default My apologies to Bdaviskar

I did not mean to hijack your thread. Though I was starting a new post.

my350z8
Old 12-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Bdaviskar

lol no problem, Someone else may have the same question and may not be aware that they can get that off this site.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:51 PM
VULCANCHOPPER

Angry 2004 Xterra and 2007 Armada

I have a 2004 Xterra and 2007 Armada with key fob locks. During Hurricane Gustov, the two started syncing themselves. for 4 days straight, any time they were by each other, the doors would lock (keys in or out running or not) doors would lock and horns would blow. The horns would blow at the same time and doors would try to lock over and over again at different time frames. Sometimes in one minute intervals, sometimes 10 minutes.but at the same time.

I called m,y local Nissan service center and they thought it was a joke. They called everyone they could and could get no answer. It took a week to finally stop doing it.

Well......... last night, months later, its doing it again. I have tried eveything and the only thing to make them stop for awhile is to push the unlock and lock buttons at different times in a random pattern and it would stop for an hour or two.

Can ANYONE help? I guess I need to go to Nissan with my wife and have them reset both trucks!!!!!!

Now you think ya'll have wierd things happening....... that is Transformer type stuff! lol
Old 01-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Bdaviskar

Yoh ave a few choices if it is your fobs

Take the batteries out of one or Both

If that works you can buy one or two cheap on ebay.

If you do reset your codes per car,It is very easy to reset yourself. I listed one way and the other ways are on this site.

Last edited by Bdaviskar; 01-07-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:53 PM
masseycrew1

I had an altima that would start blinking anytime the remote hit the steering wheel or dash while I was driving. I took the battery out and that worked. I do know though that if you disco the car's battery sometimes it will mess with your security thingy, and it may need a mechanic's code to fix it. Also we locked ourselves out once with the windows down. We were beeping for hours because, again, the remote didn't work. Eventually it stopped on its own. I think Nissans might just be sensitive with their remote sensors.

This just in from work... in a public parking lot, or anywhere that there are onlookers, do not use the remote to lock the car. There is a device out that will steal the encryption code from your remote if it sends a signal near the device... and a lot of crooks and bad guys are using it to steal your crap Be VERY aware of your surroundings.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:26 PM
2015 Rogue

Sounds like there may be something around your house transmitting a frequency that is close enough to trigger the door locks. You could try parking them somewhere else to see if they do it there. Does it always happen at the same location?
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:34 AM
adammacneill

I have a 2002 crew cab frontier s/c 4x4 and my alarm goes off randomly once per day for the past 3 weeks. Pulling the battery from the remote hasn't stopped the issue. The dealer says its not the sensors. They can't find the issue. Any suggestions?

Tags
alarm, automatically, doors, locking, randomly