Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
ABS VDC light on Forums > > ABS VDC light on ABS VDC light on
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 03-22-2008, 03:35 PM
kkahao1

Cool ABS VDC light on

O.K. guys here is the deal. My wife has an 05 Nissan pathfinder. Last year while under warranty the VDC light came on and the car died. My wife restarted it and the light remained on. I took it in and don't remember if they just reset the code or what. Yesterday the VDC light came on along with the abs light. Today the low tire pressure light came on. I am going to check the pressure when I go home but am not sure what to do about the abs vdc etc. as the car is no longer under the warranty. I figure if they replaced something as to the VDC while under warranty and it is again defective then they should replace if for free, right? The negative battery cable has been loose in the past. I am wondering if it were lose again if that could cause the lights to come on? Pathfinder has 34k on it. Thanks

Last edited by kkahao1; 03-22-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: o.k. I see that nissan says 3/36 from first retail sale or put into use. How do I find this information?
Old 03-22-2008, 06:10 PM
2015 Rogue

The warranty is good untill 36k miles.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:39 PM
kkahao1

Default Warranty

Warranty is 3 years or 36k. Pathfinder was built in 11/04 so the warranty has expired. Thanks
Old 03-23-2008, 04:51 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkahao1 View Post
Warranty is 3 years or 36k. Pathfinder was built in 11/04 so the warranty has expired. Thanks
The warranty starts with the in service date not the build date. When did you buy it?
Old 03-23-2008, 01:09 PM
kkahao1

Default Warranty

I amended my original post. I am the 3rd owner. First owner had and it received light front end damage. I bought if from a guy who had it repaired. It had 15k on it when I bought it, so I don't know the original in service date. I am trying to find that information but to no avail. I guess I could call the dealer tomorrow and have them tell me the date so I can determine whether or not to bring it to the dealer. Otherwise I was going to bring it to have the oil changed and have my buddies run the codes to see if they just need to be reset or if there really is a problem. I am just concerned as how did all 3 lights come on w/in 3 days of each other.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:42 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkahao1 View Post
I amended my original post. I am the 3rd owner. First owner had and it received light front end damage. I bought if from a guy who had it repaired. It had 15k on it when I bought it, so I don't know the original in service date. I am trying to find that information but to no avail. I guess I could call the dealer tomorrow and have them tell me the date so I can determine whether or not to bring it to the dealer. Otherwise I was going to bring it to have the oil changed and have my buddies run the codes to see if they just need to be reset or if there really is a problem. I am just concerned as how did all 3 lights come on w/in 3 days of each other.
Did your battery go dead before the lights came on?
Old 03-24-2008, 12:12 PM
kkahao1

Default Dead Battery

Don't know for sure, wife didn't say so. I called Nissan dealer and they said warranty expired in Jan 08. I disconnected the negative terminal which was lose and tightened it up- lights still on. Maybe I need to disconnect it for longer than I did. Getting oil change will let you know what the codes say. Thanks, Kris
Old 03-24-2008, 01:03 PM
kkahao1

Oil change place said the reader did not show anything. Who should I take it to that can read the codes and reset etc.? Who has such an instrument besides the dealer?
Old 03-24-2008, 03:42 PM
2015 Rogue

If the battery was loose you most likely need to reset the steering angle sensor. As far as I know the only way to do it is with the nissan scan tool.

Tags
abs, light, vdc