1. Drain engine coolant from drain plugs on radiator.
2. Remove radiator hoses (upper and lower) and fan shroud.
3. Remove drive belts.
4. Remove pulley bracket.
5. Remove water inlet and thermostat assembly.
1. Check valve seating condition at ordinary temperatures. It should seat tightly.
2. Check valve opening temperature and valve lift.
3. Then check if valve is closed at 5°C (9°F) below valve opening temperature.
1. Install thermostat with jiggle valve or air bleeder at upper side.
2. When installing water inlet apply liquid gasket as shown.
After installation, run engine for a few minutes, and check for leaks.
Be careful not to spill coolant over engine compartment. Use a rag to absorb coolant.
CarZone Auto Repair - Nissan Service Center - Van Nuys CA
Nissan OBD-II Trouble Codes
Show your support to our forums and get unlimited access to the knowledge base files: Subscribe
You may try to look at this guide for repairing nissan: replace thermostat... Nissan Repair: re: Replace Thermostat, nissan maxima, radiator hose hope that it may help you a little guys....
|nissan, pathfinder, thermostat|