Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
1995 pathfinder XE Forums > > 1995 pathfinder XE 1995 pathfinder XE
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 09-05-2007, 12:23 PM
waxsiwalas

Default 1995 pathfinder XE

New guy here,

I did look at other threads and did help in sense I am on the right track. 4 days ago I was driving and when I got to low rpm's my vehicle started to slow down and it died out. Had hazards on and were dim, hooked up for a jump and they were bright. Got the jump and car lasted 2 km's, died out when slowd down to make a turn. Car died out 3 times when lowered rpm's to make a turn or got to a stop sign.
Put a fully charged battery in, lasted from 1 pm to 7:30. Same scenario, car wanted to kick out when rpm's got low , so when it came to a turn put it in N to keep rpm's up and back in D to get to where I needed to get it looked at. Before this started with different battery, stereo was affecetd by turn signals and air conditioning. When I put turn signal on, stereo kicked in and out with the turn signal blinks.
Is this a battery issue? alternator? I saw a thread about the stock alarm, I have a cliffford alarm in mine, and it had a short of some kind. The alram on or off light came on steady at times, when this happened I couldn't set the alarm. When it wanted to, the light would shut off and this is when I could set the alarm. The alram would be able to set for a week and not set for a week.
Could this be the engine kill?
The manual said there is to be a CHARGE warning ight if it was the alternator, but that never went off as a warning.
Help, please.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:35 PM
2015 Rogue

Sounds like a bad altrernator to me. Probably low charging voltage at idle.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxsiwalas View Post
SNIP...I saw a thread about the stock alarm, I have a cliffford alarm in mine, and it had a short of some kind. The alram on or off light came on steady at times, when this happened I couldn't set the alarm. When it wanted to, the light would shut off and this is when I could set the alarm. The alram would be able to set for a week and not set for a week.
Could this be the engine kill?
I get the feeling that you didn't get the Clifford Alarm Owner's Manual with your car. So, jump over to: Clifford - Owner's Guides and download your specific Alarm Owner's Manual.

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 09-06-2007, 07:47 AM
waxsiwalas

Hi,

Thanks. I didn't get the manual for the alarm, and I also have no indication of what model the alarm is. It is an older model by the looks of it, there are no numbers on back of alarm remote.
It is rectangle in shape, one bottom on left with I and one button one right II and the indicator light on top. It says Clifford below two buttons, as before sticker on back is gone.

Charles
Old 09-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxsiwalas View Post
Hi,

Thanks. I didn't get the manual for the alarm, and I also have no indication of what model the alarm is. It is an older model by the looks of it, there are no numbers on back of alarm remote.
It is rectangle in shape, one bottom on left with I and one button one right II and the indicator light on top. It says Clifford below two buttons, as before sticker on back is gone.

Charles
Get on the phone and call one of the following numbers (from their website):

Customer Service: 1-800-753-0600
Technical Support: 1-800-753-0600
Find a Store (by phone): 1-800-274-0200

Heck, their might be store near your home!

Tags
1995, pathfinder