Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
AUDIO: Slow start/squeek only when cold. 2001 Pathfinder Forums > > AUDIO: Slow start/squeek only when cold. 2001 Pathfinder AUDIO: Slow start/squeek only when cold. 2001 Pathfinder
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 08-31-2017, 07:18 PM
2001 Pathfinder

Default AUDIO: Slow start/squeek only when cold. 2001 Pathfinder

So here is a lesson boys n girls. That old couple that took great care of their vehicle are likely just really good bullshitters.

Ok, so ive got another issue. Only happens when engine is cold, so several hours must pass. Only does it for me when i go to start it overnight. It also seems to crank a bit longer if and only if it also squeels.

COLD START with Squeel

https://vocaroo.com/i/s04x1XCx3L2k

Warm start (after driving it for 4 miles, turning engine off for 10 minutes and starting it)

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1e2LasvYv1n

Any ideas?
Old 09-01-2017, 09:01 AM
2001 Pathfinder

no ideas anyone?
Old 09-22-2017, 06:25 AM
2008 Pathfinder
2008 Pathfinder

Mine does the same, but it's more like a squeak-squeak-squeak - or a chirp-chirp-chirp noise. It's the belt. Not sure if it's the serpentine belt or the power steering belt, but it goes away right after start-up.

I just got the car and haven't yet had a chance to look into it. Mine's an '08, 2.5 diesel (made in Spain), and not in the greatest condition. Price was right though!

To cure your squeak, you can do one of a number of things.

- Tension the belt to proper specs
- Spray some belt dressing on it
- Replace the belt

There is the possibility that other issues exist that are causing the belt squeak, like a bad pulley bearing, misalignment, bad A/C compressor or compressor clutch... YMMV

Assuming there are no other issues, your squeak is just a squeak and is not hurting anything for now except your ears. :)

Tags
audio, cold, pathfinder, slow, start/squeek