Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Condenser Fan Forums > > Condenser Fan Condenser Fan
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 07-10-2017, 03:09 PM
2007 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier

Default Condenser Fan

2007 Pathfinder. A/C is not cooling as usual. I changed the in cabin air filters but it still is not very cool. Started it today with A/C on max and high fan and checked the condensor fan.... Not working....
Any one know what parts have to be removed to get to the fan to replace it?? I'm sure the replacement is easy but getting to it,,I dont know!!
Any procedures appreciated---THANKS---Greg
Old 07-11-2017, 12:03 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

The radiator electric fan (I'm assuming that's what you are referring to) went on my 2006 Pathy, as well. I tapped on the motor with a hammer and it actually started working again, but I'm going to replace it with a Dorman unit which I got from Rockauto.com that has a limited lifetime warranty. The condenser fan and radiator shroud need to be removed and re-installed together. You'll need to drain the coolant and remove the front skid plate. With the skid plate removed, detach the trans cooler hoses from the shroud and remove the lower shroud cover, which allows removal of the main shroud without removing the mechanical cooling fan. At the top side, remove the upper radiator hose. Disconnect the overflow hose and unplug the subharness to the electric fan and move out of the way (I usually unplug the A/C switch and move that subharness out of the way, as well, for more room). Remove the 10mm head screws that attach the electric fan and radiator shroud to the top tank of the radiator. The bottom of the electric fan and the shroud have tabs on the bottom that engage slots. So, tilt them both back slightly and pull straight up to remove as a pair. Reverse procedure to install and purge coolant system of air after filling.

Tags
condenser, fan