Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2002 Pathfinder P0507 Idle Relearn - I'm Stumped! Forums > > 2002 Pathfinder P0507 Idle Relearn - I'm Stumped! 2002 Pathfinder P0507 Idle Relearn - I'm Stumped!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 03-17-2017, 04:46 PM
2014 Versa Note
2002 Pathfinder
1984 Sentra Diesel 2dr

Unhappy 2002 Pathfinder P0507 Idle Relearn - I'm Stumped!

I cannot get my idle to go back to normal and so far I've replaced the following due to trouble codes:

P0304 - Cylinder coil pack - #4 misfire.
P1145 - Bank B cam sensor.

I've tried 4 different idle relearn procedures, on this and other forums, multiple times with a second person running the stop watch, and I still can't get it to idle right. I've also tried disconnecting one coil pack as some have mentioned, but to no avail?

Lastly, the oil is clean, new and full, so I don't believe it's an oil level issue as some suggest. Any ideas/help are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rich F.

2014 Versa Note Sport
2002 Pathfinder SE 3.5
1984 Sentra Diesel 2 door sedan
Old 03-20-2017, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast
2012 Altima Sedan
2013 Sentra
2006 Pathfinder

Were these codes the only reason you worked on the engine?
Any other hisotry to mention?

I assume your idle is too high at this point, isn't it ?

It may be attributed to some vacuum leak, which engine is trying to compensate. Look at brake vacuum booster hose, PCV hoses, air intake connections, manifold, etc... Pushing some smoke from "smoke machine" may be useful and you can make one easily - YouTube is full of examples to build one from an old paint can, piece of resistance wire and a wick.

I worked on 2001 Maxima for the firend of mine recenlty - engine is similar to yours AFAIK, his inability to get idle learned was due to $3 PCV valve we needed to replace. Basic "rattle test" was OK-ish - it did rattle, but kinda hushed rattling and air was getting both directions if you blow to it, so we replaced with a good new valve and we were able to relearn idle right after that.

Good luck!

Last edited by afomenko; 03-20-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Tags
2002, idle, p0507, pathfinder, relearn, stumped