Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Lcd, oil pressure,volt meter all flicker and move when key is turned off. Forums > > Lcd, oil pressure,volt meter all flicker and move when key is turned off. Lcd, oil pressure,volt meter all flicker and move when key is turned off.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 08-28-2016, 12:42 PM
2006 Pathfinder

Default Lcd, oil pressure,volt meter all flicker and move when key is turned off.

I apologize in advance if this is a topic that's been addressed already. I've searched with no luck.
I have a 2006 pathfinder LE when I shut the truck off the lcd, volt meter, and oil pressure gauge bounce and flicker as well as some movement from the gas gauge.

Another observation is randomly the oil light will flicker while running, at idle, and highway speed. Pressure guage does not always reflect drop in pressure. At idle sometime guage bounces up and down.

Observation. The front ac blower at times will not operate at all when the truck is started. Sometime if I shut it off before I shut the truck off, it will work after restart. Sometimes it takes up to 15 minutes before the blower kicks on. And then I functions at all speeds.

Observation sometimes the ac compressor shuts off randomly. And starts back just as randomly.
I recently had the ecm relay replaced under recall. It was doing it before that. But since the replacement it does it to a different rhythm.

I'm not sure if there is a relay somewhere that controls power flow that could be sticking causing these issues. Or if they are all related. Or just started happening at the same time.

I have a an understanding of automotive we'll beyond the typical person. I'm very much a diy type guy.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:32 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder
2005 R51 SE-OR & SE

check battery terminal posts & cable clamps for cleanliness & tightness
pay attention to the (-) cable clamp, because even if the pinch nut is tight, the clamp may not actually be tight on the post (try to pivot it on the post to check tightness)
replacement (-) clamps are available at NAPA, cheap & effective

Tags
flicker, key, lcd, meter, move, oil, pressure, turned, volt