Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
94 pathfinder lower control arm removeal Forums > > 94 pathfinder lower control arm removeal 94 pathfinder lower control arm removeal
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 07-07-2016, 04:36 PM
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

Default 94 pathfinder lower control arm removeal

Can anybody give me some tips on how to remove my front left lower control arm on 94 le 4x4. I have everything removed but I am stuck on the LAST bolt. (Isn't that how it always works) . It is the bolt that is behind the torsion bar. I have tryed to beat thi puppy through with a 10lb sledge and it doesn't budge. It is the bolt the goes through the bushing that gives the control arm spring. A nut on one side and a "splinted" headed bolt on the other(this is the end that is against the torsion bar. Please help!!! And thank you!!!
Old 07-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Only thing I can recommend is letting soak overnight with WD40. Is it rusted or just too tight?
Old 07-08-2016, 03:15 AM
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

Ok will do, what is keeping the spring tension on that control arm. Am I right in thinking that I have to figure out how to release that before I can get that bolt out that's holding the control arm?
Old 07-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
what is keeping the spring tension on that control arm
The rubber bushing in the control arm.

Quote:
Am I right in thinking that I have to figure out how to release that before I can get that bolt out that's holding the control arm?
Usually don't.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:34 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

I'm assuming you removed the torsion bar? It's the torsion bar that puts the spring tension on the front suspension. You have to remove the tensioner from the torsion bar by loosening the bolt at the anchor assembly. Once the tension is removed, you'll remove the torsion bar and then you can start to remove the lower control arm. Make sure you make a measurement from the ground to the top of the fender well on that side before you jack it up; this will help you get close back to the original set height when you put it back together and re-tension the torsion bar. Also, make alignment marks to help index the torsion before in the proper location before you remove it. Afterwards, you should take it to a shop and have a wheel alignment performed, including checking and adjusting the ride height to factory specs, first. Anytime you adjust a torsion bar, it changes the ride height as well as the camber angle of the front suspension.

Tags
arm, control, lower, pathfinder, removeal