Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
p1754 help!!! 2006 nissan pathfinder le Forums > > p1754 help!!! 2006 nissan pathfinder le p1754 help!!! 2006 nissan pathfinder le
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 12-30-2012, 04:19 PM
2006 Pathfinder

Default p1754 help!!! 2006 nissan pathfinder le

I have a 2006 pathfinder le with 150k on it and has no real issues......today car ran fine and then tonight I went to drive and I had to get rpms really high just to move first gear but reverse works fine. I came home started reading and I have took negative cable off to reset code........also there is a little white gunk in radiator cap.......money is tight so anyone know of something I can do myself to fix this so I cam drive? Any suggestion I am thankful...
Old 12-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder
2005 R51 SE-OR & SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabowhunter View Post
I have a 2006 pathfinder le with 150k on it and has no real issues......today car ran fine and then tonight I went to drive and I had to get rpms really high just to move first gear but reverse works fine. I came home started reading and I have took negative cable off to reset code........also there is a little white gunk in radiator cap.......money is tight so anyone know of something I can do myself to fix this so I cam drive? Any suggestion I am thankful...
might be the dreaded coolant contaminated transmission fluid issue
recommend checking the condition & level of transmission fluid right away
also this:
P1754 SES code is on. What can be the problem and how much to fix that?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Sounds like that transmission fluid is mixed with the coolant, and unfortunately there is no simple solution to fix that problem. You could try changing the the coolant and transmission fluid, but it wouldn't take too long that have the same problem again.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:36 PM
2006 Pathfinder

I'm flushing coolant now ....when it drains it looks fine....its only by cap it has that creamish look.. on this model in order to change transmissions fluid ill have to get it flushed......there's not even a dip stick to check it...
Old 12-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder
2005 R51 SE-OR & SE

Quote:
there's not even a dip stick to check it...
there is a dip stick.......
see page MA-22 & MA-23 in the service manual (access to manual is at the lower left corner of this page)
Old 12-31-2012, 04:58 AM
2006 Pathfinder

Ok got it done everything looks fine I took pics but don't know how to upload yet. No metal or white stuff its a little brown. Also now it won't suck in the radiator fluid from reservoir and wants to overheat.... Thank yall for all your help!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2001 Pathfinder
2001 Sentra

Did you replace the radiator or do a bypass too? If you didn't, the coolant will leak into the AT fluid again.

You'll want to bleed the coolant system of air to make sure that it cools the engine properly.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:56 PM
2006 Pathfinder

I didn't replace the radiator ...and I don't know what a bypass is....but I've been reading, i flushed it and I think I may have a thermostat problem too cause it'll heat up till rpms get high then ull see it go down....only thing is I can't find the Dang thermostat housing anywhere....
Old 01-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Thermostat and housing are an assembly. Follow your bottom radiator hose to the thermostat housing at the front, drivers side of the engine. For info about the "bypass," go to thenissanpath.com. There's lots of discussion there on the R51 radiator issues.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 AM
2006 Pathfinder

K I replaced the thermostat and flushed it....started to overheat then I felt warm air coming out of vents and temp went down...but after that the car like stumbled started to die down then cut off... I ran codes and it has p0125 and p0430.... Not worried about catlytic sensor ...now I guess I'm gonna open radiator cap and see if its flowing or has bubbles maybe add more..
Old 01-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

The radiator cap is not the pressure cap. If you try running the engine without the radiator cap, the coolant will run right out of the top of the radiator. The reservoir cap is the actual pressure cap of the system. Jacking the front of the vehicle up will help move the air forward and out of the radiator. There's also a rubber cap with a spring clamp near the passenger side firewall that can be used to bleed out some air. Make sure front and rear heaters are set to maximum heat to help purge out any trapped air.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 AM
2005 Pathfinder

A small head gasket leak. Engine pressuraise cooling system. You start loosing coolant thru overflow pipe in the coolant tank. Car start overheat. Check the oil filler cup for milky residue/I had one/. This what my Path /2005 with 148k miles/ had. End up with replacing both head gaskets, valve seals,cleaning and laping valves, new termostat ,water pump, timing guides,tenssioners shoes,timing chains/3ea/,crank seal,and all new oil seals in the front cover. 400-500,$ in new parts+ my labor, which is cheep. I work for me for free.Why all those parts? The are on thy way to get to the heads.One my check the cylinder pressure to find the leaking cylinder or bank/driver or pass/. Car runs good now. Jurek
Old 01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
2006 Pathfinder

Hey thank you guys again yall really helped me. Check this out after being on the phone last week w Nissan giving me the run around, they sent me a settlements package for a class action lawsuit!!!! I guess they might of owned up to this being their problem with the radiator transmissions mix problem........I'm headed tommorrow to get estimated from dealership and send this in and see where it goes.......if I get any more good info ill post it!!! Thanks!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder
2005 R51 SE-OR & SE

Quote:
Hey thank you guys again yall really helped me. Check this out after being on the phone last week w Nissan giving me the run around, they sent me a settlements package for a class action lawsuit!!!! I guess they might of owned up to this being their problem with the radiator transmissions mix problem........I'm headed tommorrow to get estimated from dealership and send this in and see where it goes.......if I get any more good info ill post it!!! Thanks!!!
they sent that package to all of us...........
i sincerely hope they will help you, but the mileage limitation is 100,000 miles on the radiator fluid leak, which you have gone beyond by 50%.
also, have you verified that whatever is wrong with your truck is a result of the radiator failure problem?

Tags
2006, nissan, p1754, pathfinder