Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Door-lock buttons pop down by themselves in cold weather Forums > > Door-lock buttons pop down by themselves in cold weather Door-lock buttons pop down by themselves in cold weather
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 03-10-2007, 03:37 AM
booksunltd

Default Door-lock buttons pop down by themselves in cold weather

In very cold weather, when you shut the driver's door on our '94 Pathfinder, that can cause all the door-lock buttons to suddenly pop down, locking us out of the car. I'm not sure whether this would happen by shutting one of the other doors.

Someone told me this could mean I need a new latch assembly. Does that sound like what it is?

If so, is the assembly difficult to install, or quite expensive? Could it be just one part, or the entire assembly? Thanks.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

it could be several issues. sometimes it's as simple as the electrical connectors in the door being a little loose. it could also be the handle mechanism sticking (that's what mine does) or it could be the actuator itself. i'll have to look for more info but i'd start with taking the door panel off and having a looksy inside. make sure to check all the linkages too and lube everything is sight.

door panel is held by 3 bolts/screws (one hidden in the armrest) and a bunch of panel tacks on the parimiter. it's rather easy to remove it. use a special tool or a large flat screwdriver to pry the tacks carefully.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Jim F Houston

Default Related door lock problem

On my 95 pathy when I try to open the passengers door, the power door locks relock all the doors in the vehicle. This is not 100% - sometimes the door will work fine, other times we have to unlock, then try opening the door several times. Sometimes it relocks every time we try to open it and we never do get the door open.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

yes, see my comment above.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:44 AM
trees247

Default doors

my doors did that once too
Old 03-30-2007, 06:36 AM
booksunltd

Momud: Thanks for the advice, but remembering that this only happens in very cold weather, wouldn't that tend to rule out loose connectors and a sticky handle mechanism? Thanks.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:06 AM
88pathoffroad

Not necessarily. You know, it's fairly easy and quick to take off the door panel and look for yourself...

Tags
buttons, cold, doorlock, pop, weather