Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
those little rubber bushings can they be saved Forums > > those little rubber bushings can they be saved those little rubber bushings can they be saved
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 08-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Enthusiast
2003 Pathfinder
2003 pathfinder le 2003

Default those little rubber bushings can they be saved

I have heard that a lot of the rubber bushings with age or weathered and for other reasons these bushings deteriorate and are very expensive to replace like the ones in the rear drag link stabilizer , so what I was wondering , even with those boots that can crack up front on the axles, well any way if I purchase a good tire shine, which suppose to be almost %100 silicone and spray it on those little bushings ,would the spray protect the rubber from cracking and also keep them lubricated for longer use ,here is one spray on product I had in mind --Sopus Products-Blue Coral BM23 Tire Wet Black Magic 23 Oz. has anyone ever tried this or have a better method for protecting those bushings from rubber rot?
Old 08-03-2012, 01:43 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

i use wet black magic for tires only; armour all for rubber and plastic strips, moulding, dash; and wd-40 for metals like retaining clips, springs, bolts/bolt heads. we don't have road salt but we have salt in the air. i appreciate Nissan using stainless steel on mufflers. it used to be we install new mufflers every 2-3 years which was easy business for Midas. the reasonator and muffler on my 02 Altima has no sign of corrosion.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:01 AM
Enthusiast
2003 Pathfinder
2003 pathfinder le 2003

Default those mufflers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
i use wet black magic for tires only; armour all for rubber and plastic strips, moulding, dash; and wd-40 for metals like retaining clips, springs, bolts/bolt heads. we don't have road salt but we have salt in the air. i appreciate Nissan using stainless steel on mufflers. it used to be we install new mufflers every 2-3 years which was easy business for Midas. the reasonator and muffler on my 02 Altima has no sign of corrosion.
unfortunately my 2003 pathfinder is all rusting type steel on the mufflers my wife's sonata with all stainless steel 200i looks like new ,if only they had done this for the pathfinder.

Tags
bushings, rubber, saved