Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Pathfinder 2004 chinook 3.5L Very Small Leak Forums > > Pathfinder 2004 chinook 3.5L Very Small Leak Pathfinder 2004 chinook 3.5L Very Small Leak
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 AM
chronik

Default Pathfinder 2004 chinook 3.5L Very Small Leak

This has been discussed a couple of times in the past, but i couldn't find the exact answer to my question.

i've been running with a "check engine soon" light for more than 10000km. (or more i don't recall when it appeared at first).

Got diagnosis saying there is a very small leak at the Canister vent or something. They said that doing the job will cost around 500$, and something about the bolts get rusty and they have to change something else because of it. (I might be wrong on the last part, that's why i'm asking).

Can someone enlighten me on this, what do i need to perform the replacement, and is it worth it to do myself?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Is the code you getting the P0456? When you getting the very small leak code, the problem sometimes is just a faulty gas cap or loose hose. Before replacing any parts you should try diagnose what the problem is.

You can find more information on how to diagnose the problem here: OBDII Code P0456 NISSAN - EVAP Control System Very Small Leak Detected | Engine-Codes.com
Old 07-14-2011, 10:28 AM
chronik

thanks for the reply.

They showed me the rusty valve with rusty bolts stuck the other day. They said that they will try using tie-wraps to fix the problem temporarely.

It did (or the reseting of the alarm cleared the error for a couple of days)... But now i just want to get this over with.

THanks for your help
Old 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM
chronik

Any help?
Thanks
Old 07-19-2011, 06:06 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Remove and inspect your evap vent control valve. Sometimes its stuck open. Don't just close it and reinstall. Clean very well (carb cleaner) and sort of play to be sure it open and closes easily and almost by itself. It could be rusty or dust have settled in.

Tags
2004, 35l, chinook, leak, pathfinder, small