Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Paint Peeling on 05 Pathfinder * Rant* Forums > > Paint Peeling on 05 Pathfinder * Rant* Paint Peeling on 05 Pathfinder * Rant*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 AM
2005 Pathfinder

Default Paint Peeling on 05 Pathfinder * Rant*

I have a 05 Pathfinder with 59k, it is white, and I am having paint peeling on the A-Pillar on both sides of the windshield. I am very meticulous with my cars. I keep them Waxed and clean. So, naturally this has me a little upset.

I took this to my preferred local body shop. I have taken cars in the past to this facility, because they do a great job, and have great customer service. I asked them to come take a look at it, and they couldn't believe that it was already starting to peel. He suggested I take it to Nissan to see if they could do anything. He said he used to work at a GM dealership, and if this was a product that came in their dealership, they would take care of it. (I believe GM works off of a 3/36 on paint, but it sounded like the dealership he worked for, tried to make things right for their customers.)

So I took it to my local Nissan dealership, and told the service writer about the about the problem, and he wouldn't even come look at it. He told me paint is only covered for 3/36, and gave me the "tough shit" attitude. I tried to explain what the body shop was telling me, and he didn't even respond, he just went back to doing what he was doing (watching basketball). I was pissed at this point. I have bought 4 vehicles from this dealership, and they treated me like this! When I started with this process, I was expecting for it not to be covered, that is why I went to the body shop first. If the service writer could of at least acted like he gave a damn about my problem? Is that to much to ask?

Has anyone else had this issue with their Pathfinder? I'm ready to fix it and trade it off.

I did have plans to buy an Altima within the next couple of weeks as well. I think I will put that on hold, for the time being.

FYI- The car has never been in a collision, or had any paint work at anytime.

Thanks for listening to my rant!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Wow thanks for sharing. Did you talked to the service manager? you should also call Nissan Consumer Affairs, to complaint about the service advisor and to ask them to cover the paint problem.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
2005 Pathfinder

I did call Nissan Customer affairs. The lady I spoke with was great to deal with, she at least gave me the impression that she cared. They turned to case over the Nissan Regional Director. She called me and apologized, and said if I would take the Pathfinder back to the dealership they said they would be more then willing to take a look at it. I asked her, why does it take a phone call to Nissan customer affairs to get service writer off his butt to come look at my car, when I was already there, asking for him to do it, and he denied my request?? She again apologized, and said “I assure you, if you would take your pathfinder back to the dealership, they may be able to help you out, but Paint is only covered for 3/36.” Then she told me that Nissan will be sending me a survey asking me if I was satisfied with Nissan, and if my concern was handled completely. I told her, don't worry about the survey...I will completely honest.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:14 PM
rollingclone

I had to paint the front of my 2005. At least yours is white, mine is black, and looked like surface of the moon. I bought it new, and the dealer told me nothing they can do, just happens to Nissans. 1-800-Nissan told me "So sorry." They also would not pay for the driveshafts which both went, the front twice. Amoung many other things, the finish on this truck is cheap, the plastic is breaking on the back, the center console, the cup holder in the rear. Nissan does not stand behind thier product. I kick myself for not buying the Pilot which was a few thousand more.

The body guy told me, very common for these trucks especially if they are driven on the highway. Very cheaply painted. Cost me 1300.00, there is the extra money I could have spent on the Pilot, DAMN.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:04 AM
2006 Pathfinder

Default White 2006 Pathfinder Peeling Paint

I too have a Pathfinder finder that has peeling paint around the windshield. I got the same run around from Nissian that the person with the 2005 Pathfinder got. I mean really, how many cars have you ever owned that the paint peeled off of. I took mine to the bodyshop and they want 717.00 to fix this problem which I feel is a Nissan quality issue. Any suggestions on what else the folks with the peeling paint problem can do. From the blogs this is not an isolated incident.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder
2005 R51 SE-OR & SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmillsaps View Post
I too have a Pathfinder finder that has peeling paint around the windshield. I got the same run around from Nissian that the person with the 2005 Pathfinder got. I mean really, how many cars have you ever owned that the paint peeled off of. I took mine to the bodyshop and they want 717.00 to fix this problem which I feel is a Nissan quality issue. Any suggestions on what else the folks with the peeling paint problem can do. From the blogs this is not an isolated incident.
when did you get the runaround, and at what mileage?
your paint is six years old now, almost seven!
how long is a manufacturer supposed to be on the hook for this sort of thing?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 AM
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder SE

Default you too?

It looks like the attitude of the 'stealerships' never changes.My 05 Pathy has been a good (but very finiky) steed for nearly 150k.After a couple of trips to the dealership i completely gave up on Nissan Service. They sell the car and couldn't care less about your problems. Found a good independent mechanic and have been happy not to go to the dealership.

Tags
paint, pathfinder, peeling, rant