Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
After changing MAF sensor "service engine soon" light still on Forums > > After changing MAF sensor "service engine soon" light still on After changing MAF sensor "service engine soon" light still on
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 02-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Pablo_nph

Default After changing MAF sensor "service engine soon" light still on

Hi guys,
i'm very thankful for all i learnt from your discussions, because i lost over $1200 to fix my Nissan Pathfinder 2001 model and my local mechanic could not fix it for 3 month. After buying an auto scanner i finally detect the right problem (that was the most difficult part for my local mechanic) and it was the MAF sensor to change. I did it myself and everything is working fine now, i can throttle up without the engine to shut down. But the "service engine soon" message on the board is still on, i tried to delete the code using my auto scanner but didn't work. Can someone tell me hwo to do it my self, or do i need a special tool for that?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Old 02-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Do you know what code (s) is stored in the Engine Control Module (ECM) now. If the light is ON it should be code.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Pablo_nph

Default after changing MAF sensor "service engine soon" light still on.

The code is still P0110 that correspond to air mass sensor that i did change already and the car is working fine. I think the code might be stored in the car memory. I tried to erase the code using my auto scanner tool but did not work. So is there any way to reset the system my self or do i need a special tool for that?
Best regards
Old 02-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Tech Enthusiast

06,08 Pathfinder & Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo_nph View Post
The code is still P0110 that correspond to air mass sensor that i did change already and the car is working fine. I think the code might be stored in the car memory. I tried to erase the code using my auto scanner tool but did not work. So is there any way to reset the system my self or do i need a special tool for that?
Best regards
disconnect the battery for a minute and see what happens. It'll reset everything of course, but MAY get rid of the code.

Tags
changing, light, maf, sensor, service engine soon