Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Pathfinder Fuel Gauge Problem Forums > > 2005 Pathfinder Fuel Gauge Problem 2005 Pathfinder Fuel Gauge Problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 04-16-2010, 05:58 AM
Compaq825

Default 2005 Pathfinder Fuel Gauge Problem

have filed an official complaint with the National Highway Traffic Saftey Administration in reference to the malfunction of your 2005 Nissan Pathfinder. I am NOT the only customer that is experiencing this problem. All you have to do is go online and type in 2005 Pathfinder fuel gauge and the complaints will pop up! Instead of Nissan dealers trying to help their customers, you send us away or CHARGE us to diagnosis our vehicles. How rediculous! I guess a few of us have to DIE before you take us seriously. I have run out of gas and it is NOT a pleasant feeling. I can have a FULL tank right out of the gas station and my gas gauge reads EMPTY!!!!! Nissan is ONLY acknowledging that their 2007-8 Pathfinders are under recall for this problem. I think that the DEALERS on up need to acknowledge that the 2005 Pathfinder is having the same problem, before Nissan has a "TOYOTA" situation on its' hands. FURTHER, IF YOU DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS PROBLEM I WILL NOT GO AWAY. But you can bet your sweet TUSH I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NISSAN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My vehicle was purchased 12-15-04 from Ardmore Nissan in Ardmore, PA
My VIN # is: 5N**********4092
I have e-mailed Ardmore Nissan, gone to the dealership & treated like CRAP by some prepy "male" receptionist & called Nissan - All to no avail. What do I get for my e-mails?? An AD to purchase a new car! HA HA> give me a break.

Anyone can file a complaint. the NHTSA # is 1-888-327-4236
The Federal Trade Commission # is 1- 877-382-4357
FLOOD THESE NISSAN dealers and the above numbers with complaints.
TOYOYTA MOVE OVER...the next Million Dollar Law suit comes from NISSAN!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:01 PM
2015 Rogue

To compare a fuel gauge to Toyota's problem with cars accelerating out of control and them trying to hide the problem is ridiculous. The recall for the fuel level sensors on the other years is for interference from a bulge in the fuel tank not for the problem you are experiencing. Your vehicle is out of warranty which means you are respnsible for the repair.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Fade

There is a factory recall on this issue. Had mine fixed for free by the Dealer.
$800 job.
Recall was issued in Aug 2010.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
1988 Truck
2005 Pathfinder se

NissanAssist.com

worked for me ..
Old 08-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder
2005 R51 SE-OR & SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade View Post
There is a factory recall on this issue. Had mine fixed for free by the Dealer.
$800 job.
Recall was issued in Aug 2010.
this is not a recall campaign, it is a warranty extension with an expiration.....

Tags
2005, fuel, gauge, pathfinder, problem