Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Keyless start not working. KEy not sensed in car Forums > > Keyless start not working. KEy not sensed in car Keyless start not working. KEy not sensed in car
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 11-16-2010, 10:21 PM
armalig

Unhappy Keyless start not working. KEy not sensed in car

Not having good run of luck here. First random ESP light per other thread .(maybe they are linked some way..?) Now this last 2 days I have been unable to start my 2006 diesel SVE UK pathfinder using keyless feature. WHen i put my foot on the brake and turn the black dash knob the key is not `sensed` inside the car. ALl i see is the red key flashing on dash indicating not picked up. THe batteries are all 100%. I have tried both my keys to no effect. Keyless locking feature works 100%?? Must be something to do with brake switch feeding back info ?
Only other comment is I think the brake pedal fels "harder than normal" to push ..unless i am imagining this !

I have to use manual key from fob inserted into black dash knob to start car ...very fiddly when not used to it !

ANy ideas welcome MANY THANKS
Old 08-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Flataas90

Same problem with me=(

anyone?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 AM
armalig

Default keyless start problem and ESp warning light.

this might sound obvious but i discovered that my rear brake lights were all out -- blown fuse from memory --very hard to know this unless someone tails you and lets you know!!!
anyway check your rear lights /replace fuse and it should fix your keyless problem.

Ref the ESP light - this is activated by wheel alignment /angle prob. i got some MOT ball joint work done and its on again. I dropped in at my local nissan garage and they hooked it up to the laptop and recalibrated the steering angle or something etc to clear the fault light ...all free of charge...VERY HAPPY !! hope this helps...cheers trev.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:07 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Altima Forum - Page 1. Title: Keyless Start Problem. There are a few threads for good reading and info.

Most points to the brake switch. Yes, have someone step on the brake while you watch if lights come on.

Tags
car, key, keyless, sensed, start, working