Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
BCM-warranty question Forums > > BCM-warranty question BCM-warranty question
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 08-17-2010, 06:26 PM
sodaboy

Default BCM-warranty question

hi all- i bought an 07 pathfinder this past saturday and the truck is cpo- it has 25k miles on it but its beyond the 3 yr timeline for bumper to bumper. i noticed on of the brake lights are out and have had bcm issues with nissans before. im taking it to the dealer this saturday but was wondering if the bcm is covered under the 60k warranty. the dealer said since i just bought the truck they would take care of the problem gratis but not sure if the problem gets big this will remain true
Old 08-18-2010, 02:26 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy View Post
hi all- i bought an 07 pathfinder this past saturday and the truck is cpo- it has 25k miles on it but its beyond the 3 yr timeline for bumper to bumper. i noticed on of the brake lights are out and have had bcm issues with nissans before. im taking it to the dealer this saturday but was wondering if the bcm is covered under the 60k warranty. the dealer said since i just bought the truck they would take care of the problem gratis but not sure if the problem gets big this will remain true
The bcm is covered 3 years or 36,000 miles.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:55 AM
sodaboy

thanks mpe- spoke to the dealer mechanic who said that if it was the bcm the check engine light would be on, is this true? again i just bought the vehicle and based on my past experience with this issue I want to be sure im knowledgeable going in. it just seems odd that a brake light would be out on a car w/ barely 25 k on it.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:26 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy View Post
thanks mpe- spoke to the dealer mechanic who said that if it was the bcm the check engine light would be on, is this true? again i just bought the vehicle and based on my past experience with this issue I want to be sure im knowledgeable going in. it just seems odd that a brake light would be out on a car w/ barely 25 k on it.
The bcm wouldn't usually cause the check engine light to come on. You probably just have a burned out bulb. It is alot more common than you think. We replace bulbs on newer vehicles alot.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:00 PM
sodaboy

thank you!

Tags
bcmwarranty, question