Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4 Forums > > Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4 Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 12-28-2006, 07:36 PM
don9512

Default Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4

I have a problem with my 2003 pathy that is listed in the bulletins. (Auto A/C HVAC fan only works on speed 4). I have 3 questions if someone can help me. First, if a bulletin is listed does the dealer cut you any discounts on repair costs? or Can I fix this myself if I'm somewhat handy? If I have to do it myself where could I find instructions?

Thanks
Old 12-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Welcome to Nissanhelp.com!
Quote:
if a bulletin is listed does the dealer cut you any discounts on repair costs?
No
Quote:
Can I fix this myself if I'm somewhat handy?
Yes, definitely.
Quote:
If I have to do it myself where could I find instructions?
I try to add the instruction in this post later, but is very simple.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:36 PM
don9512

Thank you, I apprecaite the help.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Hello

1. Remove glove box. (See figure 1 for pin locations)
2. Remove the dash finisher and dash lower cover (See Figures 2,3,4,5 for clip locations)
3. With the lower cover removed, remove the 2 screws holding the the amp and replaced with new one. (See figure 6)
Attached Thumbnails
Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4-figure001-gif   Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4-figure002-gif   Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4-figure003-gif   Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4-figure004-gif   Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4-figure005-gif   Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4-figure006-gif  
Old 01-07-2007, 10:05 AM
don9512

Nissan Tech,

I replaced the control amp. You were right it only took a few minutes, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. The fan still runs on high when in Auto or Econ modes. I notice that the temperature of the air is affected by the theromstat setting but it will only run full speed. Any other possiblities?
Old 12-06-2007, 08:00 AM
vancbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
Hello

1. Remove glove box. (See figure 1 for pin locations)
2. Remove the dash finisher and dash lower cover (See Figures 2,3,4,5 for clip locations) 3. With the lower cover removed, remove the 2 screws holding the the amp and replaced with new one. (See figure 6)
Hey thanks for your replacement instructions, I need to pick up a new part and replace it tonight or tomorrow AM before I drive from Beantown to NYC for the weekend.

Since I am using your instructions, I thought I should say thanks, also, I put the instructions into a PDF as I wanted to print it so it is in a one file.

Can be found here, or in attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pathinder_Replace_AmpControllerResistor.pdf (122.3 KB, 553 views)
Old 12-21-2007, 05:52 AM
hommey

Default I have removed the glove box...

I am able to identify the area which correlates most to the diagram displayed above, and also the Relay itself...

However, it seems as though the resistor is made of a hard plastic which is fused onto the hard black plastic fan box...

How does one remove this? Is that a cover, which I must remove first?

I have already completely removed the glove box, and glove box assembly.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2007, 09:30 AM
scabbeus

I have a 1998 Pathfinder and my fan stopped blowing. IS it possible that leaves could make down to the fan assembly and impede the blade?

Thank you!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:01 PM
hommey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hommey View Post
I am able to identify the area which correlates most to the diagram displayed above, and also the Relay itself...

However, it seems as though the resistor is made of a hard plastic which is fused onto the hard black plastic fan box...

How does one remove this? Is that a cover, which I must remove first?

I have already completely removed the glove box, and glove box assembly.

Thanks

Forget it, a friendly mechanic I know found it for me... It is actually in the lower right hand side, underneath everything... :( against the back panel...
Old 12-22-2007, 05:18 AM
Hammy_tn

Default HVAC Fan Speed

Hommey, i sent you a private message. Hammy
Old 12-22-2007, 05:22 AM
Hammy_tn

Default 98 Pathfinder Fan quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabbeus View Post
I have a 1998 Pathfinder and my fan stopped blowing. IS it possible that leaves could make down to the fan assembly and impede the blade?

Thank you!
the 98 control is different from the 2002. yours is manual. your problem is a resistor or the fan itself. you can test the fan by hooking 12v directly to the fan and seeing if it turns. if it does then the resistor is bad more than likely. Hammy
Old 12-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Hammy_tn

Talking Fan amp control follow up

just a follow-up. i replaced the module and everytrhing worked fine. One of the main causes of this module failure is failure to replace the IN CABIN AIR FILTER. Nissan originally stated to replace this filter every 30,000 miles or 1 year. However they changed the service procedure to 15,000 miles or 1 year. I didnt even know this car had one. :confused: I removed the filter and it was VERY dirty. I found evidense it had been changed 30 months ago, or 50,000 mikes ago.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:29 PM
hommey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy_tn View Post
just a follow-up. i replaced the module and everytrhing worked fine. One of the main causes of this module failure is failure to replace the IN CABIN AIR FILTER. Nissan originally stated to replace this filter every 30,000 miles or 1 year. However they changed the service procedure to 15,000 miles or 1 year. I didnt even know this car had one. :confused: I removed the filter and it was VERY dirty. I found evidense it had been changed 30 months ago, or 50,000 mikes ago.

umm... where is the in cabin air filter?
thanks
Old 12-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Hammy_tn

Default Cabin Filter location

here is a link to the filter replacement. i looked at my system and never found the filter til reading these instructions.

In-Cabin MicroFilter Installation Instructions (page 1 of 2)

Hammy
Old 02-18-2008, 04:16 PM
mantis102

Does anybody know the part number for the amp?? I have an 02 Pathfinder SE with manual air conditioning. Thanks for the help!!

Tags
a or c, auto, fan, hvac, speed, work