Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4 Forums > > Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4 Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 04-16-2008, 04:40 PM
jurona

I have the same problem as DON9512, replaced the control amp. and the fan still runs on high. Any other possiblities?
Old 04-18-2008, 11:25 AM
can2bury

I just had my Blower fan act up, it sounds like the same problem that everyone else is having. I have not changed my in-cabin microfilter since I bought my Pathfinder in 2002. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to purchase the Fan Control Amplifier? I called my local dealer and they wanted $250 for one, and they needed to special order it. This is far greater than what some others are reporting on this site.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
sonaris

Default 1999 Pathfinder

Have a 1999 Pathfinder with fan that didn't work at any setting. I thought it didn't have Automatic climate control because of the Fan and Temp control knobs (looks kinda manual to me) - thus I bought the Blower Resistor (Local Nissan Dealer's online catolog did not show a part for the Fan AMP).

Two trips later, I was able to pickup the FAN AMP (27761-70T03) and everything is now cool (fan is working again). The good thing was I got the Net Promotional Price for it (just under $100.00).
Old 04-30-2008, 11:04 AM
can2bury

Default Fan Control Amplifier

Just wanted to give an update.
I was able to find a Fan Control Amplifier at another dealer for around $150. I bought it and new in-cabin filters, and went to work. The installation/replacement was very easy, especially with the instructions that were provided earlier in this thread.

Now my A/C and Heater is working as it should.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:46 PM
2003 Pathfinder

Hi Guys...New here. Fantastic information!
My 03 LE Auto AC system also affected. Started slowly with the fan cutting in and out...Seemed only when the truck was cold. Then eventually came on full blast for good.
Will follow the advise and pick up a "fan control amplifier" and a "in-cabin air filter" to try and resolve this problem.
In the Toronto area (Burlington) Any good sources other than the dealer? Wonder if a wrecker would have an amp? Wouldn'rt go that route for a filter of coarse.
Thanks very much. Great forum!

Last edited by 03pathfinder; 10-27-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:42 PM
pathfinder02

I'm confused! According to the TSB ( http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/2003/NTB03-057.htm ) both the amp and blower fan need to be replaced. So is replacing just the amp sufficient?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:17 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinder02 View Post
I'm confused! According to the TSB ( http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/2003/NTB03-057.htm ) both the amp and blower fan need to be replaced. So is replacing just the amp sufficient?
You can replace just the amp but you risk burning out the new one. Usually high resistance in the blower motor is what causes the blower amp to fail.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:25 AM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauirayne View Post
Hi There,
I have a 1998 pathfinder se and my heater/ac is stuck on and on high. My controls have auto on them. Is this the same part you all are talking about? Or is it different for the 1998?
yup................
Old 01-13-2009, 05:56 AM
2003 Pathfinder

m confused! According to the TSB ( http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/2003/NTB03-057.htm ) both the amp and blower fan need to be replaced. So is replacing just the amp sufficient

Interesting. Have not yet installed a new amp and have been feeling I better get at this before the blower goes. If it is recommended to replace the blower as well I may put this off until the spring.
How difficult is it to replace the blower for the DIYer?? I suppose Nisson will be the only supplier of this kit (amp and blower)?
Cheers
Old 02-01-2009, 10:57 AM

2002 Pathfinder 4X4 LE

Attention to all who have an '01-'04 with Auto A/C (climate control) and have replaced the amp module:

1) Did you replace the blower motor too?
3) If you replaced only the amp module, have you had any problems or is the problem fixed for some time now?

Thanks - just trying to sort out if the motor is really needed like the bulletin says.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:43 AM
2003 Pathfinder

I'd be interested in any feed back as well. I don't relish the thought of replacing the blower motor.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:41 AM

2002 Pathfinder 4X4 LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow_Tied View Post
Attention to all who have an '01-'04 with Auto A/C (climate control) and have replaced the amp module:

1) Did you replace the blower motor too?
3) If you replaced only the amp module, have you had any problems or is the problem fixed for some time now?

Thanks - just trying to sort out if the motor is really needed like the bulletin says.

Update:

Shortly after posting this I replaced the module only. I did not have a filter. No problems to date....
Old 06-13-2009, 08:28 AM
2003 Pathfinder

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:08 PM
ArturoB

Default Fan Control Aplifier: Its removal and diag. for lacation

I als need information on the Fan Control Amp. But mine is s 2002 Altima

can you share the same information as you did for this post with the diagram?

I did get the glove box out and thats all she rode.

I plan on keeping this car so I will be staying in close cantact and supporting you site.

Thanks

Arturo
Old 09-14-2009, 07:31 AM
2003 Pathfinder

I am changing (or thought I was) the cabin air filters in my 03 Pathfinder. I was doing this in conjunction with changing the Fan Control Amplifier (Fan on High) and have purchased after-market filters.
Removed glove box, trim and panel from the great info on this forum.
I see where the filter is and am trying to open the plastic box by removing screws. Let's just say it's not cooperating. I can see the filter inside, but it appears to be much larger(approx 2 inches wide and fills the box vertically. I see no easily replaceable filters at all as described in other threads. One thread did indicate a 2002 with no filters...Guess I don't have any either? Directions indicated cutting a slot in "the box" to insert the filters for a modification. Trying to decide if I should or just leave as is.
There does seem to be a fair bit of debris in the case (Plastic box w filter) in the form of dirt and small leaves.

Tags
a or c, auto, fan, hvac, speed, work