Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4 Forums > > Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4 Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 02-18-2008, 05:03 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis102 View Post
Does anybody know the part number for the amp?? I have an 02 Pathfinder SE with manual air conditioning. Thanks for the help!!
If you don't have auto hvac then you don't have an amp. Your system uses a blower resistor which is much cheaper than the amp. Part #27150-0W014 $45.98.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
mantis102

Thank you for the fast reply!! Is this part also located near the blower behind the glove compartment?? Is it similar to the procedure for replacing the amp??
Old 02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis102 View Post
Thank you for the fast reply!! Is this part also located near the blower behind the glove compartment?? Is it similar to the procedure for replacing the amp??
It is toward the firewall just behind the blower. You can get to it without removing the glove box.
I checked aftermarket prices. Napa, autozone and advance auto all are about $52.00

Last edited by mpe235; 02-18-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:16 AM

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Default Just Verifing the Parts

Thanks for this forum I'm hoping it is going to save me a few hundred on this fix. I just want to be sure I am getting the right thing I have an 02 Pathy with the climate control system and my fans are now stuck on high. So, I would need to buy and amp right? The resistor is for the manual controlled HVAC.

Also, where do you guys get your part from the dealer near me wants $150 for the amp. I managed to find it on courtesyparts.com for $110, just wondering if anyone has ordered from that site before? Here is the link to the part I am going to order if someone could let me know that it is the right part.

http://http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Cod e=27761-70T03
Old 03-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Hammy_tn

I just did the same thing on my 02. I paid 138.00 for mine thru the local dealership. The part number is 27761-70T03 The box also has a number on it of 71030. One thing to look at closely. The reason this controller faiiled is due primarily to a blocked cabin filter. The filer is part number **** and costs about $48.00. If you dont replace the filter you will be replacing the control module again REAL soon. Feel free to give me a call at 931-632-0345 Hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivoArch View Post
Thanks for this forum I'm hoping it is going to save me a few hundred on this fix. I just want to be sure I am getting the right thing I have an 02 Pathy with the climate control system and my fans are now stuck on high. So, I would need to buy and amp right? The resistor is for the manual controlled HVAC.

Also, where do you guys get your part from the dealer near me wants $150 for the amp. I managed to find it on courtesyparts.com for $110, just wondering if anyone has ordered from that site before? Here is the link to the part I am going to order if someone could let me know that it is the right part.

http://http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Cod e=27761-70T03
Old 03-07-2008, 04:48 AM

Thanks for the reply Hammy, I just went to the dealer and picked up the module and the filters for about $196 total. I'm gonna try to put them in on Sunday if the weather permits. I may give you a call if I am having trouble with the install, if thats ok with you? Hopefully I won't need to, but you never know. Also, the guy at the dealership said the common 3 problems with the Pathy are this module, the muffler, and the side rail rusting.

Thanks,

Pivo
Old 03-07-2008, 05:43 AM
Hammy_tn

Do you have the instructions for the filter install? I had trouble with my exhaust system. The cat split on top where you couldnt see it but made a lot of noise. This was at about 80,000 miles. So far we have not had any rust problems, but it has rarely been driven in the road salt. I will crawl under it and take a look. How many miles on yours? 94,000 when we had a/c problems. Currently at 98,000. Filter was changed about 50,000 with out our real knowledge. It was done by the wife at servicing and she paid it w/o question or looking at the bill. Hammy
Old 03-07-2008, 07:10 AM

I only have instruction for the installation of the Module, the filter is supposedly not to far away. I have about 49K on mine. I only dirve 4 miles to work so I don't put to much wear and tear on it. My exhaust rusted ant a join that connects a pipe coming from the CAT to the muffler assembly. Nissan wanted $800 to fix it, I took it to a muffler shop and had a sleeve welded on to it for $80. I'm gonna take a look at me side rails this weekend and check for rust.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:25 AM
Hammy_tn

email me at hammy_tn at charter dot net and i'll send you the filter instructions. Hammy
Old 03-11-2008, 07:15 AM

Ok, so I go the Module Amp in and that fixed the fan problem, however the Nissan dealers near me gave me in-cabin filters with the part number 099M1-VP003. The instructions that come with those filters say to cut the black box that would contain the filters in order to replace the ones that are in there. (Is that common?) When I cut open the box there were no filters in it, so I was just curious if I am in the right place or am I completely off base trying to replace the in-cabin filters? Hammy I'll e-mail you today.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:45 AM
Hammy_tn

i'll look for the receipt for the filter and send you the numbber i used. Hammy
Old 03-12-2008, 12:35 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivoArch View Post
Ok, so I go the Module Amp in and that fixed the fan problem, however the Nissan dealers near me gave me in-cabin filters with the part number 099M1-VP003. The instructions that come with those filters say to cut the black box that would contain the filters in order to replace the ones that are in there. (Is that common?) When I cut open the box there were no filters in it, so I was just curious if I am in the right place or am I completely off base trying to replace the in-cabin filters? Hammy I'll e-mail you today.
Those instructions are only for vehicles that didn't already come with the filters.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:47 PM

1998 Pathfinder

Hi There,
I have a 1998 pathfinder se and my heater/ac is stuck on and on high. My controls have auto on them. Is this the same part you all are talking about? Or is it different for the 1998?
Old 03-14-2008, 02:42 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauirayne View Post
Hi There,
I have a 1998 pathfinder se and my heater/ac is stuck on and on high. My controls have auto on them. Is this the same part you all are talking about? Or is it different for the 1998?
Same part.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Hammy_tn

on your 98 model.... do you have a digital control? if so then the part is the same. Hammy

Tags
a or c, auto, fan, hvac, speed, work