Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 pathfinder driver & passenger side mirror not working Forums > > 05 pathfinder driver & passenger side mirror not working 05 pathfinder driver & passenger side mirror not working
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 05-20-2009, 05:13 AM
notorious

Unhappy 05 pathfinder driver & passenger side mirror not working

Passenger & driver side mirrors not working properly.
when I turn on the ignition after vehicle being stop for a while both mirror works/moves very slow for about one second then stop, never work again.
until next day when I turn on the vehicle again...I have replce the mirror switch for a new one but same problem, also installed my mirror into another pathfinder and they work perfectly..so problem is in my vehicle. For me looks like a ground cable problem, or maybe they are not getting enough electrical power, but I do not know where to look perhaps you can send me a wire diagram or schech fro the mirrors.....PLEASE HELP !!
I do not know if this have something to do, but previous owner had cut the cables to plug into the factory bose speaker amp under driver seat to instal an aftermarket amp.
PLEASE HELP !!!, THANKS !!

Last edited by notorious; 05-20-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

I do beleive there is a module that controls this. I will check into this and get back to you.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:03 AM
notorious

Unhappy 05 pathfinder passenger & driver side mirror not working

any news...????

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

No there are no modules to control this. I have the diagrams and I left them in the tool box. However based on the diagram The switch is powered by a fuse than transmitted to the mirrors. But If you can be patient I will have the diagrams for you tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:39 PM
PESUPECA

Red face 05 pathfinder driver & passenger side mirror not working

Of course I can be patien
thanks a lot for !!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

There is no module. I have attached the diagram. Check the mirror connectors, and if possible disconnect and reconnect to make sure there is a good connection. Also check the shown on the diagram. A loose fuse or loose fuse connector can also cause that problem since the connection can change with the temperature.
Attached Thumbnails
05 pathfinder driver & passenger side mirror not working-figure2-gif  
Old 05-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Pull the rubber from between the door and A pillar and check to see if the wires are starting t break. Thanks Nissan tech for the diagram save.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:00 PM
notorious

Unhappy 05 pathfinder passenger & driver side mirror not working

He guys thanks all of you for helping me solve this problem, I REALLY appreciate that.
an update, a technician checked the vehicle this morning with the diagram that streamcast nicely posted, he checked all the fuse (NO Problem), also check voltage in the connector harness (NO problem) everything seems to be normal, but mirrors are not working.
the mistery is that somtimes (very seldom ocasion), passanger side mirror work perfectly while the driver mirror move slowly. and suddently they are not working anymore.
Could you pls give me more details about location of the rubber that I have to remove.? how the rubber looks like...THANKS !!
Old 05-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Open the drivers door, look between the door and the body of vehicle by the hinges of the door, pull the rubber that house the wiring harness that runs from inside to the inside of door. the rubber should be ribbed. I hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:17 PM
2005 Pathfinder

I have a 2005 nissan pathfinder. Both side view mirror suddenly stop working. I check the fuse box and the fuse is not blown. Need help to trouble shoot what else to check...
Old 08-09-2015, 10:09 AM
2005 Pathfinder

Hi everyone, I have the same problem. Has anybody been able to solve this problem? Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Tags
driver, mirror, passenger, pathfinder, side, working