Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
EVAP pressure test Forums > > EVAP pressure test EVAP pressure test
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 03-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Hutch

Default EVAP pressure test

When testing the EVAP system at the service port using a pressure pump, does anyone know how much pressure to use, and whether or not the vehicle should be running?

Also, is there a recommended method to isolate the problem if a leak exits?

I'm getting a P0455, and I already removed and tested the vapor control valve. It was relatively clean, and worked fine when I did a battery test, so it doesn't seem to be the issue.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Engine should be off.

You have to test if if holds pressure by sections. Using hose clamps, you can isolate some of the component and then apply pressure. If the system is OK, after a few times you will not be able to add more pressure.

There is a bulletin for that code: Knowledgebase - 2006 Pathfinder - Nissanhelp.com
Old 08-05-2009, 04:38 PM
2005 Pathfinder

Do service bulletins expire when your warranty expires?
Old 08-06-2009, 02:09 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by white01ss View Post
Do service bulletins expire when your warranty expires?
Yes they are covered during the warranty period only.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Xterra

Default p0455

did you have your fuel pump sendin unit replaced? a breather hose might be pinched between under body and tank when they replaced the tank to oem position.

if you removed the purge valve to clean , or if you had a repair shop remove it or replace it- they might have rubbed some of the plastic causing a leak...... you can use some rtv when re-installing to eliminate any possible leak.

if the purge valve is stuck due to fine dust or tiny rocks, it would cause the spring to get stuck thus giving you the leak p0455 code....
might want to remove carbon canister and only on the center plug put a compress line of air with purge valve removed to blow dust out of carbon canister via purge valve area..... while most will recomend replacing carbon canister..... if you cant afford to replace it, simply clean out any dust inside the chamber.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder

i am having the same problem with my 2005 pathfinder- i removed and cleaned the vent control valve and tested with a battery and found that it was a very intermittent problem. recently my SES light has been off for about a month then suddenly yesterday after a very hevy rain stormpreceded by the hottest and most humid day we have had this year my light came back on. butthe next day after driving it about 20 miles the light went off again. I know that i am probably going to have to replace the valve soon but i think humidity has alot to do with the rubber gasket sticking inside the valve once you start to have problems

Tags
evap, pressure, test