Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
"VDC off" and "Slip" light come on together Forums > > "VDC off" and "Slip" light come on together "VDC off" and "Slip" light come on together
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan Z Nissan 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z, 370Z, Discussion Forum

Old 09-06-2007, 06:27 PM
choueifati

Default "VDC off" and "Slip" light come on together

I have a 2003 Nissan 350z Touring edition and recently I noticed the "VDC off" and "Slip" light coming on at the same time. These lights come on together and stay on until I turn the car off and then back on. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before and if so, can you let me know what it is? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by choueifati View Post
I have a 2003 Nissan 350z Touring edition and recently I noticed the "VDC off" and "Slip" light coming on at the same time. These lights come on together and stay on until I turn the car off and then back on. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before and if so, can you let me know what it is? Thanks in advance.
BRAKE CONTROL SYSTEM
WHEEL SENSORS
[VDC/TCS/ABS]

Until you get a specific answer - I pulled just two (of many) pages pertaining to your VDC/SLIP problem from your Service Manual SECTION BRC - BRAKE CONTROL SYSTEM.

Hope this helps...
Attached Thumbnails
"VDC off" and "Slip" light come on together-pages-brc-gif   "VDC off" and "Slip" light come on together-pages-brc-2-gif  

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 09-10-2007, 10:09 AM
NissanZi

Check the brake fluid level. If the level is too low it will set the warning light ON. If the level it's OK then check the tires condition (flat tires, bald, cup)
Old 09-18-2007, 07:26 PM
zmedic

This happened to me 2 times. Each time it was due to the brakes being worn down. Once I replaced the pads, the car was back to normal.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:32 PM
choueifati

Thanks to everyone who responded. I took my car into the Nissan dealership to get it checked out and what they told me was that the voltage was low and that they needed to replace the battery. I guess when the battery voltage gets low, the car triggers any number of lights to come on. It's fixed for now but we'll see if it was simply just the battery.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:37 AM
choueifati

As an update to my last post, it was not simply the battery. The dealership turned out to be utterly incompetent. After I changed the battery, about a month later, the lights came on again. I took it back into the dealership and they decided that it was the "steering angle sensor", which costs $1000 to repair with parts and labor. I reluctantly decided to fix it because I was scared that I would lose control in slick conditions if the traction control was disabled. This worked for approximately a month. About a month after I fixed the "steering angle sensor", the lights came on again! About the same time, I noticed that I had horrible inside toe wear on my front tires. I had recently taken my car to have the wheels aligned and told them that they had done a horrible job of aligning them. MIRACULOUSLY, once the car was properly aligned, the lights disappeared and have not come on again for the past few months. For reference, if you are in Austin, DO NOT take your car into South Point Nissan. Their technicians are utterly incompetent. I tried to ask for my money back because they made me spend over $1000 between the battery and the sensors to fix something that in all likelihood never needed fixing. I am an attorney and am considering filing suit against S.P.N. to recover my costs.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:36 AM
radiochamp

Just purchased 2010 and vdc and slip came on and stayed on. This is obv different than the original poster's problem, because it was a simple fix after a few hours of frustration. Turns out, the vehicle must be on a flat surface for the "restart" remedy to be effective. Parked on hill last night, came home--parked on hill. Annoying but happy it's over now.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Enthusiast
2003 Sentra

if its not the wheel speed sensor inspect the tone ring to see if its rusty or damaged
Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 AM
lvrandy

hi guys, i have a 350z 2006 and the same lights (slip,vdc,abs) turn on at the same time...what do you guys recommend to check ?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:35 AM
sahmad

lvrandy incase your problem still exists, these lights come due to low brake fluid and worn out brake pads.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:52 PM
2008 Rogue

I have a 2008 Nissan rogue that is currently in the shop. These same lights came on while I was driving but went off once I turned the car off. My issue is that the car will suddenly and without warning lose power as if the VDC is engaged but no codes or lights come on. This nearly caused me to get into 2 accidents in the past two days. I came home an searched this issue on the web and found dozens upon dozens of threads that Nissan owners having this exact same issue. Most say it is a break peddle sensor.Nissan needs to get this corrected before it kills someone.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:53 PM
2009 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Rummel View Post
I have a 2008 Nissan rogue that is currently in the shop. These same lights came on while I was driving but went off once I turned the car off. My issue is that the car will suddenly and without warning lose power as if the VDC is engaged but no codes or lights come on. This nearly caused me to get into 2 accidents in the past two days. I came home an searched this issue on the web and found dozens upon dozens of threads that Nissan owners having this exact same issue. Most say it is a break peddle sensor.Nissan needs to get this corrected before it kills someone.
Can you give me any insight on what your issue was/ My 09 Rogue is having the SAME issues; loss of power, vdc and slip light are illuminated.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:44 PM
2010 Altima Sedan

I just had the same issue. I came to a stop sign and stopped and waited until it was my turn. Well when I started to go it was almost like I had very little power because it wasn't driving right. Almost felt like it was going to stall out on me too. I pulled over. Shut it off and turned it back on and it started and drove fine after that but those lights were on. When I got home, I shut it off and restarted it again and the lights disappeared. The 1st time I shut it off and the lights were on I was on uneven ground. In my driveway it was even ground and it was fine. I seriously hope this isn't going to be a major issue. I can't afford anything serious right now.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:40 PM
2009 Rogue

I actually had it fixed about 3 to 4 weeks ago. It's a switch in the brake pedal. It was $95 for the labor at Nissan and 55 for the part. The way the technician explained it to me and dummy terms was that the car seems to think that you are driving with your foot on the break so it disables the traction control and the vehicle dynamic control. When there's no power, he said the car is in "safe-mode" The part number at Nissan is 25320-AX00C. I'm not sure if you can look it up on their website and order it from there and save yourself some cash by installing it yourself or not but that is the part number on my paperwork. Good luck and let me know if this helps.

Tags
light, slip, vdc off