Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
350z won't start, no power from battery Forums > > 350z won't start, no power from battery 350z won't start, no power from battery
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan Z Nissan 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z, 370Z, Discussion Forum

Old 12-07-2016, 01:13 PM
2005 350Z Roadster

Thumbs down 350z won't start, no power from battery

This started to occur within the last 2 months on my 2005 350z rag top. The car starts find most of the time, but it will randomly not start. Car acts like battery is disconnected. Remote fob will not work, have to use physical key to open car door. When I try to start car it will not turn over, no lights, no electronics like battery is dead. Will get out of car, open hood, check terminals, and everything is good. Wait around a few minutes, try again and car starts. Odd thing is my trip odometer and electronic radio act as if battery was disconnected, odometer goes back to zero and radio has to go thru reprogram. Could it be the immobilizer needs to be replaced? Everything I've read says that if it is the problem the car should still crank and have power to lights and electronics, just not start. Is there some power switch I'm overlooking? Any ideas?
Old 12-08-2016, 06:52 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

1. Take battery voltage reading with engine not running. If under 12V, replace.
2. Check negative battery cable connections at chassis and engine.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:25 AM
2005 350Z Roadster

Thanks, I've figured out that one of the anodes is cracked making the battery intermittent. Have replaced battery.

Tags
350z, battery, power, start