Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 Murano Service Engine Light and error code P0744 Forums > > 2004 Murano Service Engine Light and error code P0744 2004 Murano Service Engine Light and error code P0744
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 01-09-2017, 02:19 AM
2004 Murano

Default 2004 Murano Service Engine Light and error code P0744

This is very odd. My Murano keeps kicking out a P0744 code which references the CTV torque converter control.

I read somewhere that the CVT oil might be low or dirty, so I flushed and replaced the oil and cleared the error code. It is still kicking out the odd P0744. Car runs fine. I don't notice drive-ability issues. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this code?

I'm thinking a bad connection somewhere. I'd like to troubleshoot a potential solenoid connection issue (or feedback circuit), but i don't know where the connectors are located. Any help with location would be appreciated.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Possible causes:

Low level or dirty fluid, faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve, or an issue with its circuit (poor connection, open/shorted harness). The factory service manual is your best friend. It'll have the diagnostic steps for your code, wiring diagrams for the TCC solenoid valve and its circuit and it has harness diagrams which show where the connectors are, as well as pinout diagrams of the connectors. While we have a few loose sections for your vehicle in our "knowledge base," I don't think it'll have all of the sections you need. Try Nico Club's website as they have a number of full service manual downloads available for Nissans. You might also do some Googling for other source options or for Murano sites that might have it.

Tags
2004, code, engine, error, light, murano, p0744, service