Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'04 Bearing replacement(s) Forums > > '04 Bearing replacement(s) '04 Bearing replacement(s)
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 01-11-2008, 05:36 AM
nyallk

Default '04 Bearing replacement(s)

About 15 months ago, my Murano had about 55K on it and was experiencing front end vibrations. The dealer diagnosed the problem and ended up replacing both wheel bearings under warranty. Now, with about 80K on it, I'm getting major noise out of the front drivers side and the dealer tells me that the bearings need to be replaced (again). The new bearings had a 1 year, 12K mile warranty on them, which I'm over by about 3 months and 13K miles, so I've got to pay for the work myself, according to the dealer. To top it of, the new bearing is stuck on the shaft, so the dealer says they'll need to replace that as well (up to the CV joint I'm guessing???). This, of course brought the repair from about $300 to over $700.
I'm not quite sure what my question here is, but it just seems like there's something not quite right here, and perhaps Nissan should be responsible for dome of this repair. I mean, replacing the wheel bearing twice in just over a year? Is it possible that the original installation could have been done incorrectly, which is why they failed and perhaps why they cant get them off of the shaft? I've talked to the dealer about it and of course they just point to the expired warranty. I don't have the knowledge or time to fight them on this. Any thoughts?

Tags
bearing, replacements