Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Cranks no start 2005 Murano Forums > > Cranks no start 2005 Murano Cranks no start 2005 Murano
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 08-30-2016, 04:35 PM
2005 Murano
2005 Murano

Default Cranks no start 2005 Murano

My 2005 drove fine one day started to jerk and stop when left for few minutes it will start. I thought it was cathartic converter it fist the code tell me it is the crankshaft sensor so I changed it but nothing I checked the spark plugs all 3 in front no spark. Took it to "friends" shape no luck but this time I lost the code it shows no codes and back where I started.
I changed:
Battery, crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor
All fuses are good.
Please help if you can.
Thank
Remy
Old 08-31-2016, 01:09 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy View Post
The code tell me it is the crankshaft sensor so I changed it but nothing I checked the spark plugs all 3 in front no spark. Took it to "friends" shape no luck but this time I lost the code it shows no codes and back where I started.
1. When you say you've replaced the parts I am assuming you DIY. So double check your work. Check the harness connection be sure it is properly connected and tight. Disconnect and re-connect if you have to.

2. Check battery connection including the negative battery connection at engine block.

3. So you did a spark test on front ignition coils (cyl. 2,4,6) and you don't get spark on each coil. It could be anti-theft issue or in Nissan world it's called the IMMOBILIZER. Try re-scan for trouble code and write it down this time.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:44 AM
2005 Murano
2005 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
1. When you say you've replaced the parts I am assuming you DIY. So double check your work. Check the harness connection be sure it is properly connected and tight. Disconnect and re-connect if you have to.

2. Check battery connection including the negative battery connection at engine block.

3. So you did a spark test on front ignition coils (cyl. 2,4,6) and you don't get spark on each coil. It could be anti-theft issue or in Nissan world it's called the IMMOBILIZER. Try re-scan for trouble code and write it down this time.
benny I have all look good, now I get code P0223, 0123, 0222
Old 09-01-2016, 12:50 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

1. Inspect electric throttle control harness for damage and connected tight.
2. Inspect throttle body. The throttle valve could be stuck.

If issue persists, its likely you have a failed electric throttle control actuator. The diagnostic procedures, reference values are found in Engine Control manual listed under the numeric fault code. You can download the manual free from this site. Manuals are found in Knowledgebase section at the top menu tab.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:18 PM
2005 Murano
2005 Murano

benny
thank you for the info.
Could the codes be erased and since the car is not running I can't get the any new codes ( my mechanic erased them).
Why can I not get spark?
I have a new party a week old, The security system is not active the car turn over and I have control all functions.
Could it be the computer?
I have compression.I checked all fuses they are good. could the crankshaft sensor keep me from getting spark? should I change the crank and cam sensors?
This is so weird I have never seen something like this
Old 09-02-2016, 01:21 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

There is no spark cuz comnputer hasn't send the command for ignition. It's either feedback from cranshaft/camshaft sensors, fuel pump issue, ignition switch, pNp switch, brake switch, or from any component ECM is to receive feedback before initiating igntion sequence. It's because of hardware/part failure or circuit/electrical issues. Also it could be a Starter problem or the ECM itself.

Try this: disconnect the negative battery cable for at least 20 minutes, reconnect and try a re-start. Re-trace the events leading to the No Start condition. In almost all cases the engine give us a clue it is not working properly like misfire, long cranking before starting, start and stall, the MIL is lit, etc.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:52 PM
2005 Murano
2005 Murano

bennyb53
Thank you for the reply here is what I did:
1- New battery
2- Cleaned battery post and insured all fuses are good.
3- Changed crank and cam shaft sensors to parts from the dealership.
4- Insured all plug for the sensors are clean and clamped well and connected with no cracks.
5- disconnect the negative battery cable for at least 20 minutes, reconnect and try a re-start.
But start and no spark.
Any other help please.
thank you
Remy
Old 09-07-2016, 06:49 PM
2005 Murano
2005 Murano

Default Could there be areason not to have codes

benny
Is there a reason why I would not get codes? could the
Engine Control Module not record any codes because the car would not start?
I'm trying to see if it is bad need changing.
Thank you
Old 09-08-2016, 06:25 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

1. Most codes are triggered after 2 drive cycle.
2. You said you're not getting spark on the 3 front coils. I would like to know what procedures you did to determine if there was spark or not. My only experience with No Spark on all 4 ignitions coils was the anti-theft or Immobilizer failed. The ECM wasn't receiving feedback from the chip ignition key thru the Immobilizer. It is possible all 6 ignition coils on your vehicle have failed. The probability of that happening is astronomical. You're likely to get hit by lightning than all 6 coils fail at the same time.
2. The codes you've retrieve pertains to the Electric Throttle Control Actuator that house the throttle motor and TPS. It is an integral part of the throttle body. I have mentioned to inspect throttle body to be sure the throttle valve is working. If it is gunk up and stuck close you will have a no start condition.

3. I also mentioned to test the cam and crankshaft sensors. You just purchased them is no guarantee they're not DOA.

I would focus on why you're not getting spark on three ignition coils. Also look into the ignition relay and ECM relay. good luck.

P0223 NISSAN Throttle Position Sensor/Switch 2 Circuit High Input | AutoCodes

Tags
2005, cranks, murano, start