Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Murano blower fan relay Forums > > 2005 Murano blower fan relay 2005 Murano blower fan relay
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 02-28-2015, 02:03 PM
2005 Murano
1989 Truck
1989 D21 Pickup

Default 2005 Murano blower fan relay

HVAC fan seemingly quit functioning. I checked the two 15-amp fuses and did the relay swap on the back of the fuse panel. Still no go.

Any other ideas?
Is there a way to directly power the fan motor to see if it works?
Old 03-01-2015, 06:47 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Try the Highest settting if it works. If it does, the problem is the Blower Resistor. The reason it works is it is on a different or parallel circuit as fail-safe mechanism.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

You can also use a 12 volt test light to check for power and ground at the blower motor harness connector.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:43 PM
2005 Murano
1989 Truck
1989 D21 Pickup

Default Ok thanks...any guidance on resistor location?

And the blower bundle connector?

I'm comfortable doing electrical work, but I don't have a wiring diagram. I thought I had the tech manuals, but I'm apparently missing electrical ventilation stuff.
I'll download it from here if I can locate it. I thought I had all the diagrams for the 2005 Murano from here?
Old 03-06-2015, 12:34 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

For Nissan, the Blower Motor is located behind the globe box. The blower resistor is mounted next to the blower motor. Refer to the HVAC manual. As I mentioned, try the highest fan setting first if it works. Because if it doesn't work the problem is not the blower resistor. It could be the blower motor itself that failed other electrical issues such as the relay. When you subscribe you can request from Administrator for the manual.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:52 AM
2005 Murano
1989 Truck
1989 D21 Pickup

Smile many thanks - got some manuals

I'll try to play around today. Yes, I have already tried the highest fan setting, but I will check again.

I will probably be asking for resistor & fan blower part number assistance later I cannot readily locate.

Last edited by silvernblack; 03-06-2015 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:09 PM
2005 Murano
1989 Truck
1989 D21 Pickup

Smile Finally took out the fan today....

Hadn't been able to get around to it.

This morning removed the glove box and the surrounding dash plastic. Once that was out of the way it was relatively simple to check voltage at the harness....all good. Tried running the fan by hooking up 12 VDC and a ground path but no go.

Removed the fan-blower-motor assembly. It was quite difficult to turn....so, hmmm.....I tore it apart some more to look at the circuit board. Everything looks clean and tidy; nothing looks burned out.

I figure I'll try and lubricate whatever rotating part I can reach with a WD-40 spray tube and see if I can loosen it up. Wiggle and sprayed, and wiggled and sprayed...finally seemed to loosen up.

SO - not expecting any success I plugged the unit into the harness, and turned the key to ON, and fan controls to full speed......YOWZEE...dang thing took off! Turned everything off and cleaned everything up.

I then put everything back together and it all works wonderfully....well, other than the smell of lubricant, quite strong initially, drove around later with A/C full blast and it seems to be lessening.

Oh well, if it burns out now I know that is relatively simple to remove and replace.

Tags
2005, blower, fan, murano, relay