Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2003 Nissan Murano Change AC Core Forums > > 2003 Nissan Murano Change AC Core 2003 Nissan Murano Change AC Core
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 12-28-2012, 06:35 AM
2003 Murano

Default 2003 Nissan Murano Change AC Core

Hi Team,

Do you have an manual how to remove the 2003 Dash, to change the evaporator core? i have to replace mine, but i don't know where to start removing the dash!
Thanks in advance,
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Enthusiast
2007 Maxima

Default Evap replacement

There really is no "manual" per say for this job. If you have done these before than you will understand how useless the diagrams are for these. I work at an independant location so I get the pleasure of working on all different models. In my opinion, if you have never done this before i would not attempt it . It pays 6 hours book time and believe me thats way under what it takes. And thats someone like me who has done quite a few in 10 years. I was wondering how were going to evacuate the a/c system as well, and vacuum the moisture and flush system out. Anyways Its all a process of delicate and slow proceedure. Theres screws, bolts, and clips everywhere. I do it very carefully as not to break all delicate dash, blower, and evap box parts. If you could see the proceedure you would gladly pay a shop to do it. I try and help people as much as I can because someone helped me to get where I am. If you are determined to do it take your time and most of the screws are hiding behind trim panels. I use alot of bungees to hold dash once i get a clear shot at the blower box housing so I can get it out easier. Be careful of wiring, and heater core as well and check that for leaks as well while your in there. Start by taking trim panels off from bottom of dash. I believe you have to take the cowl out too ,where wiper arms are to release the Evap fittings. Be careful let me know how it goes

Tags
2003, change, core, evaporator, murano, nissan