Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2011 Nissan Murano Cabin air filter Forums > > 2011 Nissan Murano Cabin air filter 2011 Nissan Murano Cabin air filter
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 09-22-2012, 10:51 AM
2011 Murano

Default 2011 Nissan Murano Cabin air filter

Does anyone know where i can find some good instructions for changing the cabin air filter on a 2011 Murano? One site has you remove the glovebox but another site made it sound like you didn't need to? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:46 PM
2015 Rogue

You don't need to remove the glove box. The cover is accessible from the Passenger floor area.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:45 AM

2007 350Z

I agree with the post above. Don't bother taking out the glovebox, it's easier and faster if you leave it in. I attached instructions on removing and installing the filter from one of the aftermarket filter companies. You do not have to follow step 1 where they remove the trim piece - you can get to the filter perfectly fine with no issues if you leave that piece in place.

The filters are smaller than the opening for them so you will have to compress the filter to get it in and out. It can also be a bit difficult to get the filter door to seat in place properly, but go slowly and make sure the top part is seated correctly before trying to click the bottom back in place. If you're having a lot of trouble getting the bottom part to click in place it's probably because the top isn't seated correctly.

Overall it's a pretty straightforward job, just go slowly the first time you do it so you don't break the filter door.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Nissan Murano Cabin air filter-murano-cabinairfilter-gif  
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 AM
2011 Murano

Thanks for the information. I will give it a try.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:09 AM
2011 Murano
2015 Pathfinder

Is there some trick to getting the filter cover to seat properly? I have changed my filter twice and had to tape the door both times because the top would not seat properly.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:20 AM

2007 350Z

To get the top to seat properly I usually insert the top piece in the channel about 80% of the way up (not all the way at the top), put a finger or two against the top to hold it in place then slide the cover up to the top. That seems to work a lot better than just trying to get the top to seat by putting it right in place.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:19 AM
2002 Altima Sedan
2011 Murano
2011 Murano SL AWD

Replacing the door took a few tries when I replaced the filter on my 2011 Murano. You do have to make sure the top in in properly before you close it completely. Only issue I had was going inverted with my legs over the passenger seat top to access the filter. I just couldn't get the seat back far enough to wedge myself in so that I had a good view of the door and filter. Not the easiest way to replace the cabin air filter.

Tags
2011, air, cabin, filter, murano, nissan