Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Murano + add iPod interface Forums > > 2005 Murano + add iPod interface 2005 Murano + add iPod interface
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 07-05-2009, 02:41 PM
telebiz

Default 2005 Murano + add iPod interface

I just got the 2005 murnao. Is there any way to add an ipod interface? I/d rather not use the little fm transmitter i have been using.

thanks all.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:17 PM
MRM1

I am searching for the same info. What is the best way to add any type of device / Mp3 Player to the stock stereo system?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:04 AM
tdunaway

I believe there is an ipod connector available thru nissan for the murano. It is directly wired to the stereo, it plugs directly into your ipod, and your ipod is then controlled thru the stereo. I think it can be a bit pricey though..... and probably has to be purchased and installed by a Nissan Dealer.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:23 AM
2006 Murano

For about $2 pick yourself up one of those nifty cassette tape adapters. After exploring all the options to add an ipod interface this one has the best cost/benefit ration.
I originally bought one as a stop-gap but it works so well I've not bothered with the big-buck Nissan solution. I bought the one from Monster (see link) but there are many manufacturers out there.

Review: Monster iCarPlay Cassette Adapter for iPod/iPhone | iLounge

Good luck.
Daryl S.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:14 AM

2004 Armada

All:

Check this link. I bought and installed this device in my Murano in 2005 and have had ZERO problems. I have an XM Roadie radio in the Aux 1 port and a stereo mini cord in the Aux 2 port, so with the click of the source button I can toggle. This was the best option I found, because I too was sick of trying to get the over-the-air transmitter with an ipod to work. I switch the jack between my ipod or my Blackberry (when I'm using Pandora). Sound is great, and this device has the exact fitting wiring harness for the Murano factory radio. It installs into the SAT port - so if you have activated the satellite feature on the stock radio, this will not work. However, if you are like me and used a bought-in-the-store $49.95 sat radio receiver rather than having the dealer put in the over $200 kit, then you will do great with this. I ran the sat antenna to the top of my dash. A lot of great sites out there with instructions on how to get into the radio and not have any cords showing. Here's the link. You can buy this thing a lot of places, but this was the first I could find quickly to post.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:14 AM

2004 Armada

All:

Check this link. I bought and installed this device in my Murano in 2005 and have had ZERO problems. I have an XM Roadie radio in the Aux 1 port and a stereo mini cord in the Aux 2 port, so with the click of the source button I can toggle. This was the best option I found, because I too was sick of trying to get the over-the-air transmitter with an ipod to work. I switch the jack between my ipod or my Blackberry (when I'm using Pandora). Sound is great, and this device has the exact fitting wiring harness for the Murano factory radio. It installs into the SAT port - so if you have activated the satellite feature on the stock radio, this will not work. However, if you are like me and used a bought-in-the-store $49.95 sat radio receiver rather than having the dealer put in the over $200 kit, then you will do great with this. I ran the sat antenna to the top of my dash. A lot of great sites out there with instructions on how to get into the radio and not have any cords showing. Here's the link. You can buy this thing a lot of places, but this was the first I could find quickly to post.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Altima Coupe
2009 Altima Coupe

Default Ipod

found a site for the adapter it was $189 (search the Net for lower prices) and $145cost /$75 to install at the local shop. You have to have the cd / sat though. Most stereo installer stores can do it. I figured it wasn't worth it I know most of what plays on my Ipod or I can look at it if I need to know. I keep it on shuffle in the little storage under the radio and use the aux. I hear it doesn't sound any better hooked to the radio direct.I got a really thin cord(walmart) was one of those retactable, so I broke it open and slide the cord into the grove down the side of the radio. This leave the plug and 2 inches showing, then I dropped it into the back of the storage door. no cord showing ther. I'll post a pic. That was my only beef with the aux, but this cleans it up nice.Look up Upac-NISAn yahoo, it will take you to thier site. This is the info for an Altima but they have others as well.
Part Number:
uPAC-NIS2
Peripheral Part No: PGHNI2

Category: iPod Solutions

Product Overview
iPod®/iPhone® and Auxiliary Audio Input Interface with HD Radio™ Option for Select Nissan, Infiniti Vehicles

Tags
2005, add, interface, ipod, murano