Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
04 Maxima SE Accelerate Problem Forums > > 04 Maxima SE Accelerate Problem 04 Maxima SE Accelerate Problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 10-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Sakrh

Question 04 Maxima SE Accelerate Problem

have a 04 Max 41k and recently having a problem. The car would not accelerate with the normal power, i have to press more on gas to get desired speed although its shifting good and always using premium gas.it wasnt like this before. Im scared that this could be a strting of transi issue since maximas 2004 transmission problems are common. does anyone had this problem before and knows why is that happening? PLEASE HELP.

Last edited by Sakrh; 10-13-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Is the engine light ON? when was the last time you service your Maxima? Your problem sounds more like an engine related problem and not a transmission problem.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Sakrh

the engine light is not on. i did the service 2 months ago.basically what is happening is that always when i want to accelerate or on a highway at a seed of around 100km i should press more gas to accelerate, the rpm goes high but i cant feel torque in the car. any suggestions?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:55 AM
hltrinh

I own a 2004 Maxima and recently was having problems with it going into 1st and 2nd gear, then suddenly it would jerk into gear, I thouht the motor was falling out. The problem was the valve body. it is a huge problem for all 2004 Maximas. Nissan has not yet recalled these parts, but they certainly need to. the cost for repair will run you about $1400-$1600. Hope this helps.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:21 AM
ManderesMAX

Default 04 maxima with similar problem at 89k

I was driving the other day and all of the sudden the car cutoff, when I start it back up it is in high gear, when I move the selector over it says 5 gear, and I'm at a complete stop, then when I take off it stays in 5 gear,
after I leave work 6 hours later the car starts and I drive home with no problem, do you think this is that same valve body, or do I just need to flush the trans? thanks for your help, this has happen twice,
Old 12-11-2008, 02:02 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hltrinh View Post
I own a 2004 Maxima and recently was having problems with it going into 1st and 2nd gear, then suddenly it would jerk into gear, I thouht the motor was falling out. The problem was the valve body. it is a huge problem for all 2004 Maximas. Nissan has not yet recalled these parts, but they certainly need to. the cost for repair will run you about $1400-$1600. Hope this helps.
I have never seen that problem on the maxima.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:53 AM
sparker65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
I have never seen that problem on the maxima.
Really? You may want to check out this link and you will see what people are talking about. I'm having the same problems too.

2004 Nissan Maxima SE Comments - Carsurvey.org
Old 02-28-2009, 07:21 AM
salexander

Default Engine or transmission problems 2004 Maxima

Reading these threads to see what might be wrong with my 04 Maxima SE. Car was fine. Then it was hard to start. When finally started, the transmission jerked going into gear, then there was no power on acceleration. Only developed about 2000 rpm even with pedal to the floor. Made it almost home but not up the hill. Engine still running but going nowhere. Backed down hill and parked. Next morning, no problems at all. Had its usual pickup. Car has 110,000 miles. Don't know if this is engine problem (spark plugs not replaced yet), fuel line problems, or transmission. Anybody have this problem?
Old 03-02-2009, 01:31 PM
ManderesMAX

Default Cam sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by salexander View Post
Reading these threads to see what might be wrong with my 04 Maxima SE. Car was fine. Then it was hard to start. When finally started, the transmission jerked going into gear, then there was no power on acceleration. Only developed about 2000 rpm even with pedal to the floor. Made it almost home but not up the hill. Engine still running but going nowhere. Backed down hill and parked. Next morning, no problems at all. Had its usual pickup. Car has 110,000 miles. Don't know if this is engine problem (spark plugs not replaced yet), fuel line problems, or transmission. Anybody have this problem?
My problem was the Cam Sensor, and it cost me $500+ to get repaired at the dealer,

Hope this helps,
Old 03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
borriss

To Salexander: MAF is going to pass away (or already has).

Last edited by borriss; 03-08-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:50 AM
salexander

What is MAF?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:58 AM
borriss

MAF is for Mass Air Flow sensor. You described the classic symptoms of the dead MAF.

Last edited by borriss; 03-09-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:12 PM
salexander

Thanks. Will check it out.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:11 AM
gasfumes

thanks for the tip i had the same problems going on the exact camshaft sensor fixed problem bought sensor from dealer installed myself $100 fix easy as pie

Tags
accelerate, maxima, problem