Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
06 Maxima ABS Issue Forums > > 06 Maxima ABS Issue 06 Maxima ABS Issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 02-25-2010, 06:45 AM
elite6gen

So does anyone know a 100% way to disconnect ABS??? I need to drive for a few weeks till i have enough money to solve this issue, I need my car and don't want to damage it further..

I pulled the ABS fuse but that killed the speedo?? Will unplugging the connector above the right side motor mount on the passanger side do it??? Someone else posted that was for a front wheel sensor?? Also my ABS TRAC VDC EBrake light came on about 2 weeks ago, now my car is making the terrible sounds other people have experienced when I hit the brakes?? is it already to late, have I damaged beyond repair, and will disconneting ABS stop these sounds?? Anyhelp would be appreciated Im in a real bind here.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 AM
robo_geek

I dont have the shop manual in front of me, but it would be logical that if you unplug the connector to the ABS control unit, it would prevent damage to the part. If you are pulling fuses, make sure the controller itself is not using a big fuse in the fuse box under the hood.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:03 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo_geek View Post
I dont have the shop manual in front of me, but it would be logical that if you unplug the connector to the ABS control unit, it would prevent damage to the part. If you are pulling fuses, make sure the controller itself is not using a big fuse in the fuse box under the hood.
Disconnecting the abs controller will also disable the speedometer. Unplug the right front abs sensor., it will trigger a fault and stop the abs from functioning.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:25 PM
elite6gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
Disconnecting the abs controller will also disable the speedometer. Unplug the right front abs sensor., it will trigger a fault and stop the abs from functioning.
is that the plug above the motor mount on the passenger side??
Old 02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite6gen View Post
is that the plug above the motor mount on the passenger side??
yes
Old 04-03-2010, 11:42 AM
rcg22

Default Can you disable the ABS indicator and still drive your car?

Hi, I am having a similar problem with my abs in my 2005 nissan maxima. For about a week now sometimes when I press on the brakes they grind. I replaced all 4 tires and the noise still persists. My question is If I disable my abs indicator, Will I then be able to drive the car? Do I need the abs indicator anyway?.... my understanding is that the abs indicator was to help with slipping. My light does not even come on. Not one single light came on when this started. It only has 56,000 miles on it. I appreciate the help. [/SIZE]
Old 04-03-2010, 04:56 PM
spunkys06maxima

When these issues started with my car none of the lights came on either. I have disabled the ABS fuse and as of right now the car is doing fine... I wish I had known this before I spent 600 dollars replacing sensors earlier this past week... Lesson learned!!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:53 PM
shaikh

how do you disconnect the ABS fuse? and if you can be a bit descriptive as I am not too familiar with engines.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:40 PM
robo_geek

The ABS fuse is in the under-hood fuse box.

Not sure what other systems this may affect (e.g. speedometer).
Old 02-10-2011, 06:45 PM
LAK

In my 2004 maxima se my abs pump was running continuously, even when I cut the car off and took the key out. So I tried unplugging the front sensor over the mount, it didn't work. So we took advice from something we read online that said to take off rare wheels and clean the hubs and cut a peice out off the plastic cover making the sensor hole look like a U. We cut out the right side plastic cover peice and cleaned the hub and it worked a little bit, now the pump goes off when the car is on. So we made a little progress, soon as we get a nice day we'll do the other wheel and see what happens. If anyone knows anything about this situation let me know. Thank you
Old 02-11-2011, 02:53 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAK View Post
In my 2004 maxima se my abs pump was running continuously, even when I cut the car off and took the key out. So I tried unplugging the front sensor over the mount, it didn't work. So we took advice from something we read online that said to take off rare wheels and clean the hubs and cut a peice out off the plastic cover making the sensor hole look like a U. We cut out the right side plastic cover peice and cleaned the hub and it worked a little bit, now the pump goes off when the car is on. So we made a little progress, soon as we get a nice day we'll do the other wheel and see what happens. If anyone knows anything about this situation let me know. Thank you
If the pump was running with the car off you probably will need a new abs actuator.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:49 PM
luznyjohn

here's the tricky part, by actuator do you mean the whole assembly - module+pump, or module only? it is important if you can do DIY and get the parts separately, in my case pump seems to be fine but it throws c1124 code which i think is module related
Old 02-13-2011, 03:59 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by luznyjohn View Post
here's the tricky part, by actuator do you mean the whole assembly - module+pump, or module only? it is important if you can do DIY and get the parts separately, in my case pump seems to be fine but it throws c1124 code which i think is module related
It only comes as an assembly.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:20 AM
2008 Maxima

Can you disconnect the ABS the same way in a 2008? if not, what can you do , if anything??? my sensors are bad and they cost to much at the present to get fixed...
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
The problem is corrosion in the rear hubs is causing the sensors to be pushed out of alignment with the sensor ring. DO NOT continue to drive the car with this problem. It will burn out the abs controller. That part costs $1300.00. First thing you should do is open the hood of the vehicle and follow the wire for the right front abs sensor. You will see a plug above where the motor mount connects to the passenger inner fender area. Unplug that connector. It will disable the abs system so the pump will stop running.

If you are mechanically inclined you could repair this. The rear hubs need to be removed and cleaned. Also the plastic cap behind the hub needs to be modified. After removing the hub you will be able to remove the plastic cap behind it. You will see a hole in the cap where the sensor goes through it. Cut the top portion of the cap so the hole looks like a U and reinstall it. Clean the corrosion around the bearing mating surfaces and reinstall the rest of the parts. Do this for both rear wheels. Be sure to reconnect the front sensor after the repairs are made. You will need to have the codes cleared after repairing.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:54 PM
2006 Maxima

Default ABS Sensor

Had the exact same issue with my 06 Max. I followed NTB07-016b. Took about 2 hrs. Also got VERY LUCKY and found the new sensor cable on e-bay for $18.00 !!! Took her for a test drive, checked for codes and seems good. Will update after a few weeks to let everyone know if the problem stays away.

Tags
abs, issue, maxima